No announcement yet.

stubby bastard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah the omission of a 6.1 was the main reason I didn't get on board the Amigo train at the very start !

Comment

And the helium Stubby bastard is in the shops
      Definitely looks like a bastard but probably wouldn't be a bastard to surf

Comment

Wandi are you going to pull the trigger on a Stubby Bastard?

Comment

I'd probably be looking at a Gamma before the Bastard
          The Gamma looks like a beautiful board.
          And my hybrid cupboard is looking full
          But then again Christmas is so close

Comment

Go look at both. Gamma really has much tail rocker and healthy overall rocker, so back half needs some getting used to. Liked my gamma so far in diverse conditions and it did what It was supposed to do - but not a full mad love affair either as itís such a different feel with the rocker....

Comment

Have you guys seen this interview with Pyzel?

http://beachgrit.com/2017/09/jon-pyz...lume-obsessed/

There's a question in there about an average guy's quiver. Jon lists the SB as one of the boards in the quiver and his answer makes me think that the SB might not have that much overlap with the Gamma. Hard to tell without comparing them side by side, but if the SB has lower or more staged rocker, it might be intended for smaller or less powerful waves compared to the Gamma. Especially in Helium construction.

Like maybe the SB for daily driver (up to head high or so) and Gamma for when the waves turn on a bit more. If that's the case, it might be up for consideration as a replacement for my Evo. But I'm not sure. I really do like the Evo, just wondering whether I'll end up getting a bit more performance from a board with a more traditional nose shape. Plus, switching between SB and Gamma would be very easy since they are similar in so many ways.

Comment

The outline of the Stubby Bastard looks very similar to the Chubby Chedda. One of Firewires best all round boards. Very easy to surf and goes well in a variety of conditions. Not sure of the comparisons with the rocker, rails, bottom contours etc but it could very well be an updated interpretation of that design of board.

Comment

I'll be getting a SB, but not now...snowboarding/skiing season is just starting here in Europe, so the next time in saltwater will be early April.
                  The 6' has the right planing surface, right volume, tightish tail and it's center is slightly forward, so it seems to be the full package for.me. If I'm the only one till then, I'll write a report in April :D

Comment

Is the firewire stubby bastard available on shelves here in Australia ?

Comment

Craig R on forum held and felt a helium Stubby Bastard yesterday not sure what surf shop is was on the gold coast Barrellbob.

Comment

Barrellbob the Stubby Bastard are in store at Quicksilver boardriders Coolangatta. Get one so i can try it and ill let you have a go of my Amigo ha ha 😂👌

Comment

Well i just pulled the trigger on a 6'0 19 3/4 x 2 1/2 31.5 L helium Stubby Bastard which is .6L more then Pyzel PU Stubby version at 30.9L. Board feels nice hopefully she's a beauty to ride. Cheers 👌

Comment

nice one fitchy, looking forward to hear how it compares to the Amigo. How do they differ in terms of rails, rocker and outline?

Comment

Have fun with it. And please give us a nice review. . And if you can tell the difference between the stubby and the Pyzalian,Amigo That would be great. Thanks thanks !!!

Comment

Stubby Bastard has slightly lower entry then the Amigo and Stubby has slightly more tail kick then the Amigo. Stubby has more volume in the nose and centre of the board then the Amigo, and Stubby has more surface area a wider nose and wider tail then the Amigo. Check out board formular and compare both boards and you will see both outlines. Stubby has a slighty thinner tail then the Amigo. Stubby also has a slightly straighter outline then the Amigo. Amigo 6'0 19 5/8 x 2 1/2 30.4L and Stubby Bastard 6'0 19 3/4 x 2 1/2 31.5 L hope that helps everyone ✌👍
                                Last edited by Fitchy; 12-01-2017, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X