Dan Mann's Shapes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Mann's Shapes

Dan Mann is the local San Diego designer who thought up the likes of the Dominator, Spitfire, Sweet Potato, Baked Potato and the Potato-nator. You can't even shake a stick at that celebrity lineup. Wait until you see what he has in store for 2013.

Wait just a minute here pal.

Lest we forget the Futura!

- aurf

Comment

i am out of money

Comment

Stop this craziness!

Comment

I didn't realise Dan did the Futura too. On ya Dan, great board. I love your Dom too.

I've previously suggested a Dom step up similar to the Hellfire over the Spit, but (in my mind) stretching it by 4 inches, not two, using a bit more of a SB rocker (maybe Alt rocker?) and of course refining width and nose and tail volumes appropriately. For me, that would be the ideal board up from the Dom.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzy View Post
            I didn't realise Dan did the Futura too. On ya Dan, great board. I love your Dom too.

I've previously suggested a Dom step up similar to the Hellfire over the Spit, but (in my mind) stretching it by 4 inches, not two, using a bit more of a SB rocker (maybe Alt rocker?) and of course refining width and nose and tail volumes appropriately. For me, that would be the ideal board up from the Dom.
            Mini Driver maybe?

Comment

Yeah, I'm definitely keeping my eye on that. I'm looking forward to some feedback after people have surfed it, and fondling one in the shops.

Comment

I'm going to have to stop coming on here, just put the horse blinkers on!

Comment

Didn't he design the "Hellfire" also?

Comment

The hellfire was actually Nev. along with the hell razor.

Comment

Oh cool, nice one Nev

Comment

Dan make it again......
                        http://www.secretspot.co.uk/surfboar...ire-20339.aspx

http://www.boardshop.co.uk/firewire-...!/fub-510r-03/

Comment

Is it possible to get Dan on so he can elaborate about his thinking behind the Unibrow, how it performs, best wave range, how it performs relative to some of his other designs (in particular the Dom) etc?

Also, is there video of surfing on it, or on prototypes?

Comment

Hey Buzzy. We are so slammed with prepping product, we haven't had much time to get out there and generate media for each individual model. It will come in time though.

We are going to be launching the unibrow page in the next day or two so check that out when it launches. Then we can al dig deeper into the shape.

Cheers

Comment

No worries. Thanks Chris.

Comment

Working...
                              X