• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jerome
    started a topic hellfire SURFKITE 5.6

hellfire SURFKITE 5.6

HYE.
    IS IT POSSIBLE TO PUT TRI FIN ON MY BOARD
    WHICH FUTURE tri FIN'S works on this board which have two difference deep box fin's due to the quatro configuration
    thanhs for you help

• Paolo
    replied
    I just got my 5'6" in the mail the other day. There was very little wind to try the board out but I've been experimenting on lightwind boards all week, pulling the fins off twin tips to allow some versatility in my tacks. Our station was reading 10-13 mph. I didn't have any wax but I decided to go ahead and try my 15m kite with the Hellfire without the fins. The Cabrinha S-Quad with fins just felt too slow in the water so I wanted to see if finless helped. It definitely worked. The front section of the board got up on plane super fast and I didn't really feel any need for fins with the double concave. The board seemed to want to turn onto the rail. Probably not the most useful knowledge but if you don't have a light wind board, consider messing around without the fins (in a bay or sound of course). Super fun to learn shove-its this way too.

Paolo

Leave a comment:

• -Brian
    replied
    No problem surfhenk. Be sure and post your findings and good luck!

Leave a comment:

• SurfHenk
    replied
    Thank you Brian for the friendly help.

I am not aware of a shop that carries the so called "fin tree".
    In fact I know of no shop that caries any Futures fins in my area.
    Online information therefore is my only source of information.

Your experience with respect to the stronger Techflex fins versus honeycomb is well noted and will save me from having to finance this knowledge myself.

And I will certainly get back here after having built up some personal experience with the board and fins...

Leave a comment:

• -Brian
    replied
    The answer to your question is there's no perfect fin for every person and a it's really personal preference. There's a lot involved with surf conditions, rider size/weight, rider ability, how you weight your feet, trix or traditional surfing, even things like fresh vs. salt water or salt content will affect boyancy and how your board/fins will feel. Personally I like to try a lot of fin models and then make a buying decision. In the states you can do this with programs like the Surfboard Warehouses Finatic program http://www.thesurfboardwarehouse.com...cription.aspx/

But not sure if something like that exists overseas. The other option is your local surf shop may have a Futures fin tree/Test Ride Center http://www.futuresfins.com/fin-tree.php and in some cases they will let you take out a set of fins to test drive.

The one thing that I've found is the Techflex technology seems to hold up better with the added punishment of kiting. I've gone through several honeycomb sets that tend to eventually split down the middle. The standard plastic's do fine as a starting point/all around or backup set. Or you may just like the way they feel the best. But generally speaking you'll find the composite fins like the techflex's have a lot of benefit in terms of weight and performance.

Hope this helps and don't be afraid to experiment and share your own personal findings here.

-Brian

Leave a comment:

• SurfHenk
    replied
    Feedback?

Hi all and thanks for the superb information.
    Having recently acquired a HellFire 5.6, I am reviving this thread in order to gather the "lessons learned" from the initial poster(s).
    This in order to avoid starting collecting fins myself ;-)
    The standard fins delivered with this board are Quad Vector II's in size 375. Yet most if not all posts in this thread recommend larger fins. Have you all found this to work better? And if so, in what conditions (lighter winds? bigger waves?). Or maybe this is only beneficial to people weighing "a bit" more?
    For your information, I (should) weigh 75kg and will be using the board in small waves and choppy conditions with winds ranging from not enough to over 30 knots (in other words, the Belgian coast).
    and am wondering whether the supplied set of fins will cover these conditions.

Leave a comment:

• raycas73
    replied
    Thank Felix for the adress mail !!!

Originally posted by jerome View Post
    hye raycas73
    i have bought my board in country 29 sideshore brest shop ,this is the only one board in brittany in mars 2012
    now ,a shop in my country 56 seems to be interested in distibute firewire kiteboarding the shop is carnac evasion ask thomas but he don't have one now ,you must command and wait the board
    may be in september
    se you on the water
    Jerome , peux tu me filer ton numero de portable l adresse suivante : raycas73@hotmail.com

On se connait : j ai des Slash au pied et je navigue en RPM ......

A plus

Leave a comment:

• felixpivec
    replied
    Originally posted by jerome View Post
    hye raycas73
    i have bought my board in country 29 sideshore brest shop ,this is the only one board in brittany in mars 2012
    now ,a shop in my country 56 seems to be interested in distibute firewire kiteboarding the shop is carnac evasion ask thomas but he don't have one now ,you must command and wait the board
    may be in september
    se you on the water
    Please contact Myles at
    myles@firewireeurope.com
    He will sort it out for you and Enjoy
    Felix

Leave a comment:

• jerome
    replied
    hye raycas73
    may be in september
    se you on the water

Leave a comment:

• Phil***
    replied
    Originally posted by raycas73 View Post
    Where have you bought your Firewire in Britany Jerome plz ? I m searching one (5'10 or 5'6 ) but it s difficult to find it !!!
    Check this thread...
    http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...llfire-and-KP1

Phil
    Have Fun & Ride Safe

Leave a comment:

• raycas73
    replied
    Where have you bought your Firewire in Britany Jerome plz ? I m searching one (5'10 or 5'6 ) but it s difficult to find it !!!

Leave a comment:

• Grant
    replied
    Sounds great Jerome! Spread the stoke on the forums!!!

Leave a comment:

• jerome
    replied
    ok,
    i have tested the F4 TECKFLEX TODAY ,and the board work well with
    this board is magic ,one board and several play

light wind in twin fins,turns on the rail on turn with stance on front foot
    truster for medium wind, turns on the fins and keep air also very stable on choppy condition
    quad for windy day ,turn in the pocket ,stay above the white waves and control at the critical section
    the best surf kite i have under my foot since 3 years in the side,side on ,on windy conditions like i practise lot here in brittanny
    may be is liitle for big wave but i have no big conditions in summer ,wait winter and have a look
    see you on the water

Leave a comment:

• Phill
    replied
    For surfing if I wanted a loose fin I'd go for something like the WCT set which is very upright and releases well which would help with reverses and 360s.
    Not sure how it translates to kiteboarding though. Maybe Felix and Brian have better insight.

Leave a comment:

• jerome
    replied
    hye brian ,felix and prjweb
    i want to try the thruster on the hellfire to go to reverse and 360 front and back which is difficult in quatro configuration, hellfire in quatro is very good in strong wind and good waves ,i have also try it in twins front and back which give you full speed in light wind and carve more and the tail nice sensation under you foot
    now i missed a little push on the back foot in this configuration to go to transition reverse and 360 that 's why i want to have a good set of tri fin for light and medium wind and good waves

in my opinion first ,i think that litte fin like the f2 honeycomb 4.15 inch is good but may be i 'made a mistake
    perhaps the AM2 teckflex 4.79 is better for what i want to practise on the hellfire ,my weight is 80 kgs
    jerome

Leave a comment:

Working...
X