Tomo EVO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomo EVO

I saw this awsome light weather board. My question is if LFT is strong enough for kitesurfing. Or do we have to wait for the FST version?

LFT is our lightest surfboard build and definitely not intended for kiting. It's incredibly light but just won't hold up to the abuse and extra pressure when kiting. We recommend waiting for FST kite construction if your looking to make this your kite ride.

Comment

Bring on the FST Evo and Vader! Any idea on when we might see them come to market?

I have an LFT Evo with three surfs on it in some fairly solid conditions,it already it looks in worse condition than my 1-2 year old FST boards.

I am completely stoked on the strength of my Kite construction Vanguard and am completely unstoked with the strength of my LFT Evo... I would never take it near a kite!

Comment

VADER is already available in FST version (at least in Europe)
        Attached Files

Comment

Vader in FST for kite is also available in the US.

Comment

Ok, thanks. I think the Vader in FST should be the best option for this moment. I'm gonna try to take it out for a test.

Comment

I'm super keen to get myself an Evo, is there a kite version in the mix & when may it be available in Oz ?

Also, I was talking to another kiter who rides FW the other day & he mentioned that the kite construction is considerably lighter now than it was - say in 2014....Is this true & if so how much lighter ??
              Last edited by top; 02-10-2016, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Evo Kite version is on the way. Should be available June/July. We are constantly tweaking the construction and the latest build is probably lighter than the 2014 version. The weight differences are not that huge and may vary from board to board.

-Brian

Comment

Originally posted by -Brian View Post
                  Evo Kite version is on the way. Should be available June/July
                  Thanks Brian for the information.
                  Do you have decided the range sizing already?
                  Just curious

Comment

Patiently waiting with cash in hand...

Comment

How does the Evo compare with the Vader & Vanguard for low end performance?

Comment

June/July? Bummer, season will be mostly over here.

Comment

I found this link, hope it works this time - looks like sizes will be 4'10/5'1/5'3
                          <p>EVO (Evolution) is a new take on the MPH design,utilizing softer features and more outline curve to encourage a smoother transitions and a more ‘in the pocket’ line of attack. A wider central wide point comparative to the Vader, the EVO sho

Comment

Looks like that's ^^^^^^ incorrect, sizes are 4'10 5'0 5'2 5'4

http://www.thekiteboarder.com/2015/1...uide-firewire/

Comment

Originally posted by -Brian View Post
                              Evo Kite version is on the way. Should be available June/July. We are constantly tweaking the construction and the latest build is probably lighter than the 2014 version. The weight differences are not that huge and may vary from board to board.

-Brian
                              Okay, now is July 2016. What's the current status on Evo kite version availability? Will they have FCSII fin boxes? FCSII is the only way to go AFAIC!

Comment

Working...
                              X