Vanguard 5'6"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanguard 5'6"

Had a few kites on this board now in quad setup and it is really really nice - Ive had heaps of boards from Airush, Wainman and other Firewires and this one is definately the ticket. Looking to use it as a quad on my next kite as its got a fair amount of slide in quad mode but still pulls some of the nicest roundhouse cuttys for a kiteboard, love surfing my Vanguards and kiting them now is just as much of a buzz!

Havent ridden it with the front strap attached yet - as its so smooth strapless but have these ready to go when needed http://northshoreinc.com/store/pc/vi...&idcategory=64

Nice setup!

-Brian

Comment

Hey Boranup, how much do you weight? I´m 76kg, do you think I should get a smaller one? Thing is I want to surf it also when the wind is off, in that circumstance I would surf better on the 5´6, but I´m afraid is going to be too much float when kitesurfing strapless. Could I get away with it with the right small kite?

Comment

• surfinsmiley
        surfinsmiley commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm 75kg and have the 5'6" VG. Perfect size for me to surf and to kite unless I'm overpowered or if I'm trying to paddle it around a shifty lineup. YMMV...

Morfini, I'm the exact same weight as you and found the Vanguard 5'6" to be to much board to surf on and definitely to much to kite on. If your paddling is decent you should be able to get away with a 5'4". The 5'2" was a little scarce on foam for me to paddle. I could do it but it definitely wasn't optimal. I kite the 5'0" and love it as it still kicks butt on light wind days (amazing at that length) but performs insane. However if your looking for one board to kite and surf I think the 5'4" would be the ticket. Hope this helps...

-Brian

Comment

• morfini
        morfini commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks a lot Brian. I had to go with a FST Vader 5´1 for kiting and LFT Vader 5´4 for surfing. haha Loving it a lot!!! How do you find the LFT for kiting? I thought LFT wouldn´t be strong enough for kiting. is it?

Morfini, I'm 83kg and have easily surfed the 5'4". I kite it too 90% of the time. It paddles for sh!t, but it doesn't matter because it takes late drops SO well. Just take off when the lip is pitching and it'll be great.

Comment

• morfini
        morfini commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to go with a FST Vader 5´1 for kiting and LFT Vader 5´5 for surfing. haha Loving it a lot!!! How do you find the LFT for kiting? I thought LFT wouldn´t be strong enough for kiting. is it?
        Last edited by morfini; 10-03-2015, 07:41 AM.
    Working...
    X