Rapidfire construction for kiting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapidfire construction for kiting

Seen some great photos of Warrick Meyer in SA riding hard on a Rapidfire with a deck pad. I'm not after any guarantees or anything, but how will it hold up to kiting do you think?

Mike

Hey Mike,
    I am not a big Kiter, but the FST tech is far more durable from a kiting standpoint. Think of Rapidfire as a bit closer to a light weight glass job on a team board for a surfer. High deck durability, but rails and bottom are not the same as with either the kite or surf build of the FST tech... You can give a go and I am sure it will work well, but it just may not be what you were expecting from the durability standpoint...

Cheers

Comment

thanks Chris, any advice on stregthening a FST deck? i have posted a thread.

mike

Comment

with a finished board, its entirely about just adding more glass...

Comment

Stick with FST for kiting. If your looking to add even more strength you can add a layer of glass (as Chris pointed out). I've been reinforcing the areas where your feet go with some 6oz and the carbon. Also put a small strip on the bottom from center of fins up to about the front foot. This configuration makes the standard surfboard build pretty bullet proof.

-Brian

Comment

just what I needed Brian, thank you very much. I will buy the 5'8 jacknife and get my local repair shop to do it for me.

I will post some pictures and report back.

mike

Comment

Look forward to seeing the pics mike!

-Brian

Comment

Working...
              X