Michel tied for Triple Crown?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michel tied for Triple Crown?

Going by my calculations MB and JJF are tied for the Vans Triple Crown title. What's the score for that?

Not sure....jjf gets it because he is from HI?

He probably gets it due to having a win? In the event of a tie' highest result trumps? Maybe.

Comment

Could be. JJF deserves it for sure, but points are points!

Comment

Regardless I think FireWire riders ended up ranked 4 and 6 for Taj and MB, which is amazing.

Fantastic result for KP and well deserved. Not to mention my face Parko!

Comment

I'm guessing all events are worth the same number of points towards the triple crown rankings, which seems to be the same as Prime event points. That means MB came up a little under JJF. But, I assume Pipe competitors still get WT event points added to the OWR rather than Prime points else it doesn't seem too fair on the ranking system.
          The new ranking system makes everything sound more complicated than it is!

Comment

Wonder why both WT Firewire surfers; Michael and Taj did not use Firewires boards in Hawai in most of their heats. I've seen photos of Gavin Gilette in big big hawaian waves, so the brand seems to work well in big surf. Please explain.
            Regards,

Comment

Hey Petoven,
              a combination of broken boards and unfortunate shipping logistics in the wake of the thailand flooding. Stepups were stuck in transit so for some of the bigger boards, the we had to rush PU backups.

FYI both the guys rode Firewire at Haleiwa when the surf was "normal size" and Taj won on that. Taj also rode an older step up Firewire in Sunset and won, but they didn't have the selection they would normally have...

Comment

Understood Chris, thanks!!

Comment

no worries! no juicy story here...

Comment

Working...
                  X