X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phill
    started a topic My CBD ride report

My CBD ride report

Thought I'd get everything into a new thread.
    Board is 6'0" x 18"13/16 x 2"3/8 - 28l
    fe4bf16c6f7811e1989612313815112c_7.jpg
    Based off the Taj template
    IMG_0512.jpg
    nose width maxed out and tail widened a fair bit also
    Screen Shot 2011-12-16 at 16.31.jpg

Initial impressions when I received the board were that it packed a nice bit of foam for more average conditions and that if anything I'd gone a little too full. Well I took it out for the first surf today and as soon as I lay on it to paddle out all concerns about doing too chunky were gone. The thing feels like a little weapon, even the widened nose is still pretty skinny, especially compared to the Sub Scorcher I've been riding for the last 5 months. It paddles about as well as my 5'8" Sub, probably a little better actually, despite the added rocker, that extra rail length is something I've missed without realising. Waves were around head high on the peak, fairly steep but not especially punchy and flattening out on the shoulder fairly quickly. The kind of conditions where my 6'2" Taj would be limited.
    I only caught a few nice waves on it today because the tide filled in a little too quickly but first impressions of the board is that it's buttery smooth through turns, literally effortless. First wave felt great, smooth off the bottom, nice arc off the top and the board just releases at the apex of the turn and comes back under you and ready for the next one. Generates speed well through fatter sections too. Where I'd be boggin on the stock 6'2" the added tail area of the CBD flew along and the flex felt very lively. More so than any of my other Firewires in fact. Very early days but right now I'm extremely happy with the board and the changes I made to the model using the CBD program. Feels like it could well be a magic board in the making!

I'll keep updating as I surf it more.
    Last edited by Phill; 03-21-2012, 02:29 PM.

• core personal training
    replied
    phill is stoked yeeeeeeeeeew

Leave a comment:

• buzzy
    replied
    Woohoo! Stoked for you.

Leave a comment:

• Phill
    replied
    Nearly a year on, still my favourite board...ever. Still holding up well, bottom and rails are immaculate and deck has less denting than I'd put on a poly board in a quarter of the time. She's not as white as she once was but not too bad either. Still nice and light too.
    Have to say, it's about the only board I've had that if I snapped it tomorrow I'd order another one exactly the same right away. All my other boards are fun and go great but there's other updated models I'd be keen to try, but the CBD is spot on. It's unreal how it feels on rail. It draws a way tighter arc than my mini driver with way less effort and just feels so free under foot.

If I could get a super groveller and a small wave shortboard dialled in feeling the same I'd be made!

Leave a comment:

• Phill
    replied
    The back has been good since the last incident thanks! Feeling strained from work this week but it's holding out. I need to get back on the stretching program.

Still loving the CBD, haven't had a huge amount of pumping days on it as the waves have been so bad this year but every time I get on it I feel right at home. Confident that it's the best board I've ever had.

Leave a comment:

• CBD-bruce
    replied
    Howdy prj,

How's the back?

I know the feelin', hope you are fine again!

-Bruce

Leave a comment:

• Phill
    replied
    Yeah there is that!

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    i miss off shores like that because you can get barreled on waves that are normally lame...

Leave a comment:

• Phill
    replied
    Frustrating as hell. The swells up on the south coast today with 30mph offshores. I might go get blow out the back of a few even if it is a bit of a drive...

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    poor PRJ!

Leave a comment:

• Phill
    replied
    Waves have been shithouse for the last month. It hasn't gotten wet in ages :(
    Hopefully there will be a couple of days next week but the forecast keeps changing, can't wait to get a really good day on it.

Leave a comment:

• Wandi
    replied
    How's your CBD coming along Prj
    You still loving your new board
    You must have caught some good waves on it by now
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    I have a shaved head a collection of celebrity wigs that I sport, and yes right now, I am channeling macgyver...

Leave a comment:

• core personal training
    replied
    your not sporting a mullet are you chris???

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    yes I too rarely watch it. Too busy watching macgyver over and over....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X