Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll - What Board do you want to see in the CDB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll - What Board do you want to see in the CDB?

I was curious to know what boards are coming to the CBD next? so i asked chris and his reply was.

"We have some pipeline goals for CBD that we'll be implementing over the next couple of months. We are planning on adding at least one new model as well but there are still internal discussions as to which one it will be"

So if deciding which one to do next is to hard of a decision. Why not ask the masses, what board they want to see next?

Hence the poll idea.

So fellow sled addicts, post your request here and let them know what we want.

edit:
    soryr for the dyslexia in hte title. should be CBD.
    hcris can yuo fxi it pleaes!!!! ha!
    Hellrazor
    17.65%
    Hellfire
    17.65%
    Profile V1
    9.80%
    Unibrow
    13.73%
    Activator
    1.96%
    Jacknife
    1.96%
    Futura
    0.00%
    Potatonator
    7.84%
    Artillery
    3.92%
    Lost - LSD - Tomo Range
    25.49%
    Last edited by stylar; 01-30-2013, 04:12 AM.

i pick hellrazor or just plug the gaps....1 in. increments

Comment

I like kdropin's suggestions - 1 inch increments on the popular boards of the current range would really make a difference.

Comment

Wouldn't mind the ProFileV1 being added. The Vanguard could be fun too.

Comment

plug the gaps....1 in. increments would be nice for sure.

Comment

I agree, 1in increments should be standard atleast in the most popular size ranges. I saw they did that in the Unibrow and the Chubby Chedda. It makes perfect sense especially when most of the other board builders are doing this with their stock board AND offering customs on them too

I am not sure if its a matter of cost, but I am sure the incremental expense associated with adding these along with holding slightly bit more inventory would be more than offset by the higher sales.

There are so many boards in the FW range I have passed on simply because I sit in the middle.

Comment

1 in. increments would help a lot agree 100%.I like also to see HR to the CBD.

Comment

Unibrow!

Comment

Mini Driver in a 5'11 in the vicinity of 29 liters

Comment

A round tail/round pin high performance good wave travel board

Comment

i reckon you could almost drop the CBD and just offer 1 inch increments in the top selling models....Further....with a bit of sales history recorded you could tailor production so that runs of the most popular sizes in 1 inch increments are routinely produced with periodic production of the less popular sizes for stock and orders...seems to me to make more sense given the relatively limited options when resizing a stock board. I am just not convinced that a quarter or half an inch here or there makes THAT much difference....

Comment

Dunno, my CBD Taj is a world away from my old stock 602.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                          Dunno, my CBD Taj is a world away from my old stock 602.
                          what changes did you make??

Comment

Dropped 2" length, added 3/8" width to the wide point, maxed the nose width and widened the tail to 14"3/4 while keeping the volume the same as the original 6'2".
                            It changed a super sensitive, perfect wave board to a more forgiving, modern template that works in a much broader range of conditions for me.

Comment

Agree with the 1" increments, i miss out on a lot of boards too. I just don't want to see Firewire turn into another Apple, by innovating and then stagnating with controlled options being available.
                              I've pondered how many more boards i would have, if the right sizes were availble. I've even contemplated turning back to the the PU darkside!!! I know i feel so ashamed, please forgive me!!!!

Based on my magic volume of end of 29 to 30 litres. these are the boards available to me

6'5 Artillery 30.2
                              6'4 Flexfire 30.6
                              6'3 hellrazor 30.9
                              6'3 F1 29.7
                              6'0 MB 29.9
                              6'2 MB 29.8
                              6'0 Mini Driver 30.5
                              6'0 Stealth 30.5
                              5.10 Unibrow 30.2
                              5'11 Chubby Chedda 30.9

10 out 19 performance boards. Seems like a lot at first but since owning the hellrazor in 6'3 @ 30.9, an older refined 6'4 Taj @ 29.9 & a 6'3 F1 @ 29.7.
                              I'm finding the razor a bit of hit and miss with the volume at 30.9, i can notice it and find the board hard to dominate at times compared to the Taj and F1.
                              So I've learned that a board with a longer rail line has to have a max volume of 30 or I'll notice it.
                              Where as my 6'0 stealth at 30.5 has become my daily driver, because i can dominate the extra volume to the shorter rail line.

Going with the trend of boards being shorter and wider for overall performance in a range of waves
                              the options to me become smaller.

6'0 MB 29.9
                              6'0 Mini Driver 30.5
                              6'0 Stealth 30.5
                              5.10 Unibrow 30.2
                              5'11 Chubby Chedda 30.9

So out of the the Firewire brand range I only now have 2 boards available to me, due to the lack of 1" increments, in the range.
                              the 6'0 MB would be perfect, but seeing as it's only offered in futures, and me with a stack of FCS is another entirely different argument!!!!
                              I now looking for board with a bit more standard hp to compliment my stealth. I'm still not sure if the Mini, Unibrow or Chubby are too similar.
                              I am leaning towards the 5'11 CC, but still unsure?

Comment

Working...
                              X