Elevons...tell me your experience.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elevons...tell me your experience.

Hey people, just bought a set of Elevon quads for my Hellfire...been riding Rasta Quads in it but those Elevons have me intrigued so I bought a set. Let me know what you think about them and what you rode them in. Thanks.

I think Iggy may have been rocking those.

Comment

What size trail fins did you get?.
      I really nike mines on the spitfire. They give you a nice little lift as you gain speed. Funky looking but they do work. I have even tried them as a thruster with the deviant centre and it loosens things up quite a bit. Those fins were created for flatter rockered boards. They make going through sections pretty effortlessly

Comment

• Peterleo
        Peterleo commented
        Editing a comment
        They go great as side fins on a Tj everyday mal. U get lots of really long waves. They r magic too on my hellfire. Super drivey. Easy paddlers. Thought I was Jesus walking on water when the lift gets u. Fun fun fun.

Word has it the Potatonator comes alive with these puppies.

Comment

• Peterleo
        Peterleo commented
        Editing a comment
        my sweet potato goes ballistic with them, have them on my baked potato but no trailers just a twin fin, holy god hang on when it jacks up on the beach. out the back of Caba all the way to the sand, smashed into the sand, unbelievably fast, so easy to paddle to get the waves as a twin fin as well. my belief now is that they go faster without the rears. yu.

Yeah I was told by one of the FW guys that his PN loves them. Kind of why I got them really but havent pulled trigger on PN yet. I would think if they work in the Spit they should work in the HF but I rode the HF with Rastas the other day in head high plus dredging beachies and the board felt like it was going to lift off !! Freaked me out.

Comment

Yikes!!

yeah they have a radical foil!!!

Comment

Tried my PN with those ELEVONS. Tons of drive and super fast. Definitely a set of fins you wanna have on runny point breaks. But I must admit I like the playful feeling of the SOLUS with that board as well!

Comment

yeah there is simply no way the elevons are as maneuverable as other traditional fins.

Comment

Have you ridden them Chris?? I had a solid 2.5 hours today on a 5'8 PN with Elevons (Quad)....turned every bit like a normal fin to me...curious why you think that??

Comment

Been using them in my Potato lately and they are great. Also tried Controllers but the Elevons seem to generate better speed and turn nicely. I'm hooked on the Potato + Elevon combo so bad that my Spitfire has been getting jealous.

Comment

man that is good news. they are such a unique fin, its good to hear they are rippers!

Comment

Love them in my PN

Comment

Anyone more versed in fins than the average punter like me...can you tell me why Elevons work so well in the PN? No other fin I have tried..either FCS or Futures works as well. I am about to get a BP and am wondering if those fins will work as well in that board. Anyone regularly use them in a Baked Potato or any other board?

Comment

http://vimeo.com/futures/the-elevon-by-futures

Comment

I'm not sure on the protocol of posting deals here but if you search amazon for elevon fins, there are some with large rears available for ~$107 shipped (US).

Comment

Working...
                          X