jw-1s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jw-1s

how do they ride? compare to the k2.1s? how does the performance glass tech feel? compared to performance core tech? thanks

hey chris you have been riding these on your razor... how do you like em and compare them to the k2.1's.. flex, hold, drive.. thanks

Comment

I do ride the jw-1s in my Hellrazor.

so in my opinion here are the comparisons.

flex: hard to tell. Both are relatively stiff and light fins.

hold: I would say a bit more hold due to the sweep of the fin, they feel more traditional when you wrap the board in the lip of a wave and come around during a cutty. I think slightly they have slightly longer arcs, and because of that, they hold their speed a bit better. The k2.1s I think pivoted so quickly that a lot of speed went into your direction change and putting water in the wait. Think of a patented slater pocket hack at snapper. Less lateral motion and more pivot, huge fan.

drive: yeah a little more drive, but that's to be expected with the increased sweep. have more of a traditional thruster feeling to them, easier to get a smooth bottom turn past a long section.

hope this helps

Comment

yeah def. chris... always curious with fins.. try to keep the grass is always greener out of my head.. i've eyed these up for a while but it seems like not too many are on em.

i've always liked the k2.1's and these seems really similiar with slight differences like you said

Comment

yessir!!

Comment

anybody else run these?

Comment

Julian Wilson.

Comment

Ha actually he seems to use the MF fins. In competition at least. Reasoning being, a bigger fin throws more spray and the judges like more spray.

That's what he said at Trestles last year anyway.

Comment

yeah he looked a little weak at snapper!

Comment

If u love K2.1's u will also love Jw i think. Iv only had em in normal pu boards as my FW are futures. I reckon they are a fantastic fin, drive, looseness, controlled slide when u want it, sheez what more could u want! Me at 170lbs I feel like if I was too much heavier, they would be too loose. My son is 160 lbs advanced surfer and they look perfect for him. Also the wider the tail in the board, the less drive they have. Didnt go real good in my JS Black Box, lacked drive.

Comment

arent they a bit bigger then the k's? i thought i read that they were in between the k's and the m5's.. i really like the k2.1s at 170.. they went so good the other day on my razor i'm just gonna stay with them

Comment

The Jw back fin is smaller than the JW side fins, as is the K2.1 setup. If u ever get bored with the slaters, try the Julians next, I like em both as much as each other. According to the FCS site, Jw's side and centre fins are smaller than the side and centre of K2.1, but JW have more rake back {i think I read that right)

Comment

Hey Chris so I Have Jw-1 and Mick Fannings for My New Hellrazor...Havn't Tried either One Yet. Have Loved My Blackstix JC-1's in My Hellfire... Im 5'11 165 and Surf Above average in Central Florida....what do You Suggest (FCS ON MY HELLRAZOR) Thankss Ill take any and all opinions also

Comment

JW1s will be sick i reckon. try MF fronts with JW rear too.

Comment

i was thinking about these but the jw'1 are stiffer then the k's in pc from what i understand.. i doubt i'd want a stiffer fin

Comment

Working...
                              X