Board ordered from Spain,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board ordered from Spain,

Hi, I ordered a board from my local surf shop in Northern Spain 3 weeks ago. As there was no stock in Spain, it had to come from the U.K. Every week for the last 3 weeks I have been told, this week it will arrive but still nothing. The shop hasn't even been told if it has been sent or not. I find it incredible that I have no information about when or if it will arrive! Has anybody else had a similar bad experience? The shop owner tells me that it is common and that the European and U.K stockists are a complete disaster. HELP!!!

3 weeks? sounds like BS to me. any UK shop will have it out the door usually next-day, if it's in stock.

Comment

Yeah, serious BS! They have now said that the board is reserved and ordered but due to technical problems can't leave the warehouse! If that is not BS I don't know what is!! Anyone from Firewire on here able to shed some light or give me some idea if they will be able to solve these technical problems at some point???

Comment

What technical problem could there be? You ring courier - put on truck - it is delivered after passing through various depots. What the computer is down to process order? Then use a pen and paper! I had a four month wait for a Firewire - at all times the boys at Gold Coast had a rough idea of shipping from Thailand to Australia, customs clearance, arrival at Currumbin then delivery. Yes, there were delays beyond their control but they kept me and retailer informed. It was well worth the wait for a 6'2" timber Potatonator. Sounds to me you're being bullshitted to - so I hope you haven't paid anything upfront. Stand there and insist the shop owner rings distributor - listen in or speak to distributor yourself. It could even be that they are waiting for stock from factory and are too scared to tell you in case you cancel the order. If distribution is a disaster then Firewire need to sink the slipper into the person in charge's arse. You are paying top dollar/pound/peso/yen for a quality product so you can expect a decent delivery/service system.

Comment

Ordered two boards from UK stores to Germany, it took less than 4 days every time, even less than two for smaller items (from all three mayor FW sellers downtheline, secretspot and boardshopuk - all are super cool, competent and friendly). Unless your shop waits for FW restock (that maybe through UK), there is no reason for delays. I believe that's what happens right now... Ask your shopowner. Only downside - and a reason to wait a bit - is that UK prices are high right now wereas shops in France etc have lower euro equivalent prices. You might check the French retailers as an alternative, the only problem can be shipping (50 euro France, 130 euro Germany price, maybe better to the south ...). Good luck !

Comment

Yeah, it's crazy. I ended up cancelling the order and buying a board from another shop in Portugal. I can't believe the warehouse can be so unbelievably disorganised!

Comment

Hello. I have the same problem. I'm looking for a BP. I ask in my surfshop in Madrid, but the guys who have the representation dont' respond since 2 months. I call other shops too, but is the same problem. I asked in other cities like Gijon, but they don't have stock.
              We can't wait to get an answer 3 months. I want a surfboard and i know i have to wait, this is not Australia or California, but 3 MONTHS!!!!!!!!
              Maybe you must be more carefully with the people that represents you.
              Samadablam, could you say me wich surfshop you by it in Portugal??
              I hope i can enjoy it this next month.

Cheers

Comment

Just a little comment from a European fellow: (1) the U.K. Shops are great at delivering anywhere in Europe. May be a tad more expensive with the pound (3-5%) and a shipping cost around 50-60 Euro. (2) you may think about shops in southern France, too, e.g. Waimea. They may ship to Spain, but I am not sure about this.

Comment

Hi Romanin, since that problem I have had a lot of success buying boards from this shop: https://www.coresurfingshop.com/es/ . The owner, Javi, is a really nice guy and he is really good at getting you on the right board. He also has a pretty high number of boards in stock now so he might have what you're looking for already in stock. Good luck!

Comment

Hey samadablam, great link

- but the first board that jumps up on their page is the most ridiculously close product copy i ever saw in my life :)))
                    Called "core bat board" - it's a sci-fi or am I blind ?

Chinese say that "copying is the truest form of admiration". Classic western literature rather says that "envy is the purest form of admiration". Someone is thriving more around the Chinese lines here.

https://www.coresurfingshop.com/es/
                    Probably the way things go...

Comment

It gets better if you check out da dims
                      :))

https://www.coresurfingshop.com/es/t...bat-board.html

To be fair: except for this baby they have a very cool and official quiver line. Manufacturer for the above: slaterdesigns :)) Lol
                      Last edited by apache; 06-28-2017, 01:40 AM.

Comment

In holland the shops can order 3 times a year. So if the board is not there you have to wait for the nxt shipment and that will take a view month"s..........

Comment

Thanks everybody!!! A week after they contact my local surfshop and i've got my new BP in TT!!!!!! Samadablam, thanks for the info. I knew that shop from the web. Yeah apache, sometimes a can see too many "truest form of admiration", but some time ago i preffer the original. Yeah roodjr, in Spain is the same. We haven't the same surf culture as in AUSTRALIA or CALIFORNIA, HAWAII... where i see the instagram photos and you have the whole range of models of FIREWIRE (since my EVO a year ago-with what i'm in love- i don't like others brands). Here you have to wait 3 months or more (or a bit less).
                          I've got an eye on a pyzalien to complete my quiver, but maybe i have to start searching now for Christmas ;P.

Thanks for the help mates!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X