Indonesian contact and Board prices?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indonesian contact and Board prices?

I've tried contacting the Indonesian distribution address and email bounces back, email provided don't exist:
    rodi@ptbali.co.id

Is there a new contact?

What are board prices in Indonesia?

Debating whether to order from the US and ship to Canada or buy when arriving in Bali to save on airline fees.

Thanks.

Hey Rob,

Bali's Firewire inventory, as you can imagine, is going to be smaller than it is in other parts of the world. I don't know exactly what is in stock there, but its safe to say if you were leaving from the US or Canada, you would definitely have a much better selection.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hmmm interesting idea, last time I came to Cali for work I had planned to just buy a board there as I was already lugging a bike...summer in Norcal sheesh cold and small but anyway, there's a business to be made perhaps hiring boards out (decent quality ones that is, not the crap on the beaches at Bali) for the length of a trip. I will be travelling to Indo later this year too, but not Bali, hiring boards in country would be a bit easier but like you say, Chris, range would be the issue. They're mostly small buggers!

Comment

Originally posted by Slowman View Post
        range would be the issue. They're mostly small buggers!
        Yeah, I've been to Indo twice and boards for the bigger than average guys are definitely MINIMAL, which is why I'd like to get a hold of their rep to actually see what the scoop is. I knew I'd be ordering from the US...but was hoping!

Comment

Bali pretty much has all the boards you would find elsewhere in the world but the markup is stupid
          From memory it's about a couple of hundred dollars more
          I guess this would pay for the import taxes, profit margins etc
          I think it's better to buy at home
          Second hand boards in Bali is good as a lot of travelers are looking to offload but I personally wouldn't recommend buying a new board

Comment

Thanks Wandi!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wandi View Post
              Bali pretty much has all the boards you would find elsewhere in the world but the markup is stupid
              From memory it's about a couple of hundred dollars more
              I guess this would pay for the import taxes, profit margins etc
              I think it's better to buy at home
              Second hand boards in Bali is good as a lot of travelers are looking to offload but I personally wouldn't recommend buying a new board
              Yeah ive never got why boards are so expensive there, rent for shops in Bali expect is pricey in main kuta/legian areas (but still should be less than western countrys), but workers wages are dirt cheap and electricity is dirt cheap, indonesia imports lots of other products from other asian countrys and they still are dirt cheap compared to west, cars and food products etc

Comment

Working...
              X