amigo vs hashtag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amigo vs hashtag

so I've never ridden either board. In fact I've only held a hashtag once and never seen the amigo in person. I had my heart set on the # but it's going to be about a 12 weeks wait time from firewire. So, I decided to get an amigo instead but that will also be an 8 week wait (want one with futures). Since it's going to be a wait either way, I wanted to get your thoughts.

Can anyone give any kind of feedback on how the two boards would compare? Looking for something to use when it gets too steep (or too good) for the spitfire. Want something that can take a steep drop and would be good in the tube and the pocket. I'd say I'm an intermediate surfer. Not throwing airs or giant buckets, but maybe 1 gallon milk jugs as apposed to 5 gallon buckets :)

The board will mainly be used when Newport and Huntington turn on (both beach breaks that can get hollow and punchy at times).

Thanks everyone!

turns out they had an amigo in fcsII. I wanted futures but this one is ready to roll now. Should get it in about a week. I'll make sure to give a detailed review since it's kind of new.

Comment

Originally posted by spencertron View Post
      turns out they had an amigo in fcsII. I wanted futures but this one is ready to roll now. Should get it in about a week. I'll make sure to give a detailed review since it's kind of new.
      So Spencer, did ya? Hope so, amigo sounds like a good board.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowman View Post
        So Spencer, did ya? Hope so, amigo sounds like a good board.
        Slowman so sorry i never responded to this! Yes I got it and it has been a really awesome board. I would highly recommend it to anyone as your standard "daily driver". Very fun and responsive.

Comment

turns out they had an amigo in fcsII.
          sara edward
          hr@ Accounting Assignment Help
          Last edited by bestsara; 05-11-2017, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Hey bestsata, welcome to forum ive got the Amigo and i absolutely love the board, one of the best standard shortboards ive had, great daily driver goes in anything hope you enjoy it like i do.
            Last edited by Fitchy; 05-12-2017, 03:10 AM.

Comment

I've been riding a hashtag as a loaner until my amigo arrives. It's an interesting board with the rounded pin, tracks really securely compared to my hellfire which loves to let go

Comment

Had a #, actually have had 2 different size #, thought they were great boards......sold them after my first surf on the Amigo......chalk and cheese

Comment

Never rode an Amigo but by the shape I held a few times I picture it like a slightly fuller nose brother of my michel bourez, a great (!!!) user friendly HP shape, neutral, fast paddler, sufficient tail rocker to be whippy especially backside.
                  MB needs 4-5ft+ faces, Amigo will have a lower end. But it's HPish neutral, no hidden Tada for lift or anything. For progressing surfers that like to surf actively.

# is a completely different concept, deep single into deep double concave, so plenty of lift and speed and a buttery feel. A high nose rocker making it great to redirect off the bottom and never pearl, round outline to fit any round type wave. Good rails. Pintail limits the lower end (squash needed for more area), low tail rocker limits back hand whipping. In return you can lock in any backside wall even at light speed and feel in total control and still turn if you want, but it's a bit more work than with higher rockered boards like my MB.
                  I love mine in messy chest to overhead+ beach breaks (onshore) or gutless clean 4-5ft, as you can use the beautiful rounded outline to slip and hold in anything and have fun and it doesn't bog ever, and top turns feels incredible. If they'd built one with 1/2'' more tail rocker (and slightly flatter deck) it would be a magic pintail allrounder ever. Then, below chest high faces the pintail will make it more difficult to catch waves, so it has no groveller potential. Once in the wave you can pump it easily (but runs out of steam quickly again once you push on the tail). Useless in flat faces waves with the pintail unless you love to work. I guess the amigo has a lower end there and more range (unlike the Michel bourez, too narrow tail, horrible below shoulder high).
                  If you surf beach breaks a lot or reef/point breaks that have semi-steep walls and want a fun board # could be a great choice. For a one-board quiver approach Amigo is better. If I were forced to reduce my quiver to 1 board I'd be an Amigo.

Comment

I like the look of Pyzels 6'2" dims for the Amigo but in the FW FST model he drops the thickness and litres too much for me and then the 6'4" goes massive wide which makes no sense, same as Pyzalien and slab. SB looks to have better dims for me.

Comment

Yeah Powman the Amigo was a first surf hit for me and the large Kolohe Andino fcs 2 fins go fantastic in it.
                      Last edited by Fitchy; 07-07-2017, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Had a great surf on my Amigo today at snapper into greenmount in 2-3ft waves. This board works fantastic for me in all types of waves so fricken reliable. Can't see myself purchasing another shortboard for a long time, as i purchased a 2nd Amigo half price for $500 because they are discontinuing the model to had to pass at that price.
                        Last edited by Fitchy; 08-31-2017, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Pyzel wins stab in the dark again back to back 2 years in a row. I understand why because my Amigo is epic.https://www.instagram.com/p/BZnPcUtH8SI/?hl=en
                          Last edited by Fitchy; 09-29-2017, 01:26 AM.

Comment

There was just a good interview with Pyzel on the surf splendor podcast.

http://surfsplendorpodcast.com/187-s...ing-jon-pyzel/

Comment

That was a sick podcast SD_Dan, really enjoyed it great find.

Comment

Working...
                              X