X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• krum
    started a topic What fin set up for 6' 0" Sweet Potato

What fin set up for 6' 0" Sweet Potato

I purchased a 6' 0" Sweet Potato Rapidfire with Futures fin set up.

What fins do you reccomend for Intermediate (surf 3-5 times a week), 225lbs, 42 y.o., I will surf local San Diego beach break 2-3 ft with this board.

Your input would be appreciated
    Thanks!

• Chris
    replied
    yeah waxer...

Leave a comment:

• iggy
    replied
    They should!!. I'm telling you on my 5'2" spud they have replaced the controllers as my fins of choice

Leave a comment:

• FW - Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by iggy View Post
    The ELEVONS go really nice on my sweet potato
    Iggy, I am getting a BP..have you tried the Elevons in that? I would think they would work if they work in the SP and PN...

Leave a comment:

• iggy
    replied
    The ELEVONS go really nice on my sweet potato

Leave a comment:

• hawaii_boi
    replied
    Bigger potatoes require bigger fins IMO.
    I tried the Solus with quad trailer on my potato and it felt kinda slow. It almost feels like the V foil on the fins is countering the double concave on the bottom.

The best setup so far that I've tried are Jordy L front with any rear trailer bigger than 4" If Large is too big for you, Futures will have S and M Jordys out soon!

ALOHA!!

Leave a comment:

• miekemonkey
    replied
    love to know the breakdown as well as I have solus fins

Leave a comment:

• krum
    replied
    yeah the Solus fins with the leading side bites and a quad trailing set is a favorite in house here as well...

Hey Chris can you break this setup down for me (above)... I'm not comprehending this one...Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    good feedback waxer. thanks of the words.

Leave a comment:

• Waxer
    replied
    I've been riding a 5'6 SP fst for a month now. I use the controllers for knee high to 4 feet and I use the Simon Anderson quads for 4-6 feet. The controllers are not squirrely even for a 50 year old 170 pound intermediate. The large SA's just give you better hold when it's bigger. Just remember you ride this board off your back foot. It's really fast until you get used to the speed so don't be surprised if you feel like your trying to catch up to your board the first day you ride it... Just relax and enjoy catching every wave you try for!

Leave a comment:

• iggy
    replied
    Really like the controllers on that one!!!. Tried the elevons but somehow they don't feel right

Leave a comment:

• krum
    replied
    Chris- Not sure what this setup is... can you break it down a little more? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• pismo
    replied
    I'm about 90kg in the wetsuit, 5'11", and 60 yr old.
    Surf about 3-4X weekly winters, nearly every day in summer.
    Had to order the board (in California)... worth the wait!

Leave a comment:

• tallkook
    replied
    Hey pismo, what are your dimensions and how do you find the 6'2??

Leave a comment:

• pismo
    replied
    A good set

I've had a 6'2" for awhile and like this combo: scimitar quad <http://www.futuresfins.com/fin-detail.php?similarfins=true&id=155> w/ the longer pivots <http://www.futuresfins.com/fin-detail.php?similarfins=true&id=155>. The board's a bit squirrely for an older guy, but it SCREAMS once it's on a rail!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X