No announcement yet.

5'0'' SP FCS Fin Advise Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One simple way of getting your positioning back on the board on take off is when you are lying on the board paddling into the wave bring your body position slightly back on the board so when you get to your feet you are straight away further back in your stance with out the need to make the back foot adjustment once standing , when you are catching soft waves you tend to naturally move your body further forward to help plane into the wave this can be a mistake on the SP. I have made this little adjustment on the SP setting my back foot right back and the board just goes.Once in this stance you are set for the whole wave ,you do not need to bring your weight forward like on a conventional board. Not sure if you folks agree with the above but it has been a big help for me.

Comment

the truth is the 500 may be too small as well. If you are finding the board to be slow, it may be a factor of not having quite enough volume?

Comment

Hi Guys, thanks again for all the feedback.

Surfed the SP again tonight with more success, at times the little thing was flying. Found it much easier to surf forehand as opposed to backhand, but then the rights were not really happening. I found that because i had written the board off and paid no attention to analyzing foot position etc i just enjoyed my surf a lot more and the board seemed to go better for me, just felt more natural tonight.

Chris, i have just weighed again after you decided to call me a fat b@st@rd (only joking) and currently tipping the scales at 159lbs. At this weight and 5'6'' what size SP would you put me on?? I have no problem with my 5'8'' FST Sub Scorcher at only 27.3L and the 5'2'' just feel to big from the good old, 'under the arm' test. Am a little surprised to think that the 5'0'' SP at 28.9L could be to little.

Comment

Hi Guys, thanks again for all the feedback.

Surfed the SP again tonight with more success, at times the little thing was flying. Found it much easier to surf forehand as opposed to backhand, but then the rights were not really happening. I found that because i had written the board off and paid no attention to analyzing foot position etc i just enjoyed my surf a lot more and the board seemed to go better for me, just felt more natural tonight.

Chris, i have just weighed again after you decided to call me a fat b@st@rd (only joking) and currently tipping the scales at 159lbs. At this weight and 5'6'' what size SP would you put me on?? I have no problem with my 5'8'' FST Sub Scorcher at only 27.3L and the 5'2'' just feel to big from the good old, 'under the arm' test. Am a little surprised to think that the 5'0'' SP at 28.9L could be to little.

Comment

Cuttlefish

in the UK all Firewires are supplied with fins and depending on where you get your board from will also depend on the quality of fin.

My 5'8'' FST Sub Scorcher came with a lovely set of performance core PC-5's thanks to boys that i always buy my boards from where as the spud, bought from a different supplier than normal, came with glass flex SF4's.

Comment

yeah maybe not... it comes down to preference I guess. I was riding the 508 Sub Scorcher and I weigh 175 so I thought maybe the 500 might be a little small give that the 502 Potato is my go to size.

Comment

Chris, apologies, i think my post came across a little on the defensive side, that was not my intention.

I just want to be sure that i have the correct size and figure out why i am not feeling the joy that everyone else is with the SP.

Comment

No worries sir!!

Comment

have some indos on order myself.. see how those bad boys go in a couple weeks

Comment

Working...
                    X