X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• akurl
    started a topic I'm thinking 5'4 sp ?

I'm thinking 5'4 sp ?

I 'm 6'1 and 180lbs and have surfed for 30 years , nothing is better ! i've got a 6'2 stealth and a 6'0 dom , they are by far the best boards ever. I'm almost sure I should be getting the 5'4 sp and putting the controller fins in it . I'm hoping to get a few more waves here in north florida if you know what I mean ! Any input would be wonderful , as I'm alittle apprehensive .

• Chris
    replied
    yeah good stuff guys.
    In warm water i would also suggest considering a smaller one in the 502 range, but like MAx said, it will still be fun at 504 if ability and/or preference pushes you in that direction!!

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• MaxUK
    replied
    I'm 6' tall, 182lbs, wear a heavy 6-5mm full suit with boots & gloves and I ride a 5'4 SP which is perfect. If your surfing in boardies at your size like Iggy says, the 5'4 may be a bit big. Really depends how your going to surf it, just cruising then it'd be ok but if you want to do tight turns and throw it about then smaller is better (in ratio to weight and ability).

Leave a comment:

• iggy
    replied
    I'm 180lbs and surf a 5'2". It has the perfect flotation for me. I bit of adjustment due to the shorter rail but it took just a couple of waves... loving it!!!. Tons of speed and fun on small mushy waves.
    It all depends on what would you feel more comfortable with but I reckon the 5'4" will have a bit too much foam

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    hozit, i am 5'6" 160 lbs and was wondering what size sp i should get. i have been surfing for about 2 years. i live on oahu and mostly surf ala moana breaks (sometimes diamond head and waikiki) i was thinking about getting a 5'4" sp. what do you think.

Leave a comment:

• akurl
    replied
    yeah iggy the sp flies it is so sweet !!!! I cant wait to get some more waves on it !!!

Leave a comment:

• core personal training
    replied
    apparently speed dialers are close too

Leave a comment:

• iggy
    replied
    Yup, from a company called indo fins which make cheaper replicas of FCS, You can find them on

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Controller-Q...ht_3253wt_1009

Leave a comment:

• surferireland
    replied
    Is there an FCS alternative to the Controllers?

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    great feedback on those fins!!

Leave a comment:

• iggy
    replied
    Good to hear buddy!!!!.That board flies hey???.Have a set of controllers on my 5'2" and those things fit like a glove!!!

Leave a comment:

• akurl
    replied
    ok , I got the 504 and rode it 3 times in 2 to 3 ft surf sloppy one day and clean the next , it was so easy to transfer to it from my dom it handles great paddles super easy I was surprised at how comfortable it is to ride my friends could not believe how quick the adjustment . I do understand now that you should go with the proper size and I am greatfull for the size chart on the website also I put the future controllers in it and do not think I will try any others as how this board handles great.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    yeah the biggest strength of the potato is making slow waves fast. completely a function of rocker, volume and width. with that speed on a mushy wave you can really perform. I think the biggest trick is controlling that tail area when you get into a fast wrapping turn or out on a fast, steep face. Fins and foot placement are critical!!

yeewww

Leave a comment:

• surferireland
    replied
    I ride the 5'4 - being so short its so easy to turn yet has the float to keep it alive, Its a board where you take of fairly slow (due to the waves you would surf on it) but a quick turn has you driving down the line at high speed,...

Leave a comment:

• iggy
    replied
    It has to do with the flatter rocker which will make the potatoe a very easy paddler

Leave a comment:

Working...
X