Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helium spitfire irregularity

Hi,

My brand new board purchased from an online surfshop arrived today - 5'10" spitfire helium.

On close inspection, I noticed some very slight sanding marks in a cirle around the nose of the board - first 2 photos attached.

I then held the board up to the light and noticed the discoloration on the nose in the third photo attached.

Anybody seen anything like this before?

Cheers,
    Tom

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
    Attached Files

I'll check later tonight on my Stubby Bastard Helium, but I don't think this is normal.

Comment

Checked, the very tip of the Stubby Bastards nose looks similar to your picture. Less extreme, could be the light though.

Comment

Thanks Sydluxer. I'm going to investigate further and try and get a response from firewire. It looks to me like the board has been damaged and then repaired, but if you are seeing the same thing on your board it may be the shape of the blank.

Comment

Yes I think so. There's no visible rough/irregular sanding marks on mine. There's an "almost sand through" in the tail pad area though. I hope Firewire get their shit together, because at these premium prices, boards should be finished better. If there is something worse than above, I'd send it straight back to the shop.

Comment

Working...
          X