No announcement yet.

Stuck on sizing and spitfire/dominator choice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 different boards on the tail. Transition wise youll be use to the tail configuration on the SPIT with the Hell fire. I went Dominator for the fuller tail on the flatter days

Comment

It's a toss a coin decision but given there's a fair amount of overlap between the Hellfire and Dom/Spitfire, particularly the Spit, I'd suggest a Dom, Hellfire combo just for a bit more differentiation between the boards.

Comment

Yeah I agree with Fritz and Buzzy. If you want a little separation in the quiver go Dom/Hellfire. If you want that familiarity when you switch between boards go Spitfire/Hellfire.

Comment

Totally.

One note!! Don't assume too much similarity though between the Hellfire and Spitfire because of the similar rail shape through the tail. The Hellfire has different width to it from tip to tip, it has a different bottom contour AND, most importantly, a noticeably different rocker. I think if the surfer is competent and wants a "higher performance" board in the smaller surf, the Spitfire/Hellfire is a great combo. I personally think the Hell and the Spit are WAY WAY different boards and I would ride my spit in the same conditions as my dom.

Cheers

Comment

Hey Guys, deciding between a 5'8 SF but wondering if I should go a little bit bigger for better float on really mushy days. I mainly surf beach breaks. So I pretty much see 1-5ft. Maybe 5+ if im lucky
            Im 5'9 and 169lbs dry. In regards to experience i'm a pretty average. PLEASE HELP lol

Comment

I find that the 5'8" offers loads of float for someone our weight and that the 510 was too much. However you might really enjoy the 5'10" if you want loads of float for mushy stuff.

Comment

hmmmm its a tough choice lol.. I just dont want that extra size to effect my performance ya know?

Comment

I'd say 5'10" for you.

Honestly, 5'10" is really quite short. There won't be any compromised performance.

Comment

Alright sweet, Oh ya! and what quad fin set up would be best for my weight/size and surf conditions?

Comment

Working...
                    X