quadraflex volume help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quadraflex volume help

I have an old quadraflex 6' 191/4 21/4. I was wondering if you guys at firewire have records of that boards volume. I'm trying to figure out the volume I want in a new hellrazor that would most likely replace that board. Thanks

Bump, maybe I should just send Chris a PM.

Comment

From looking around on the old forum I believe it was 27l.

Comment

I have a request in for that info. I'll post it as soon as I have it.

Thanks

Also keep in mind the volume of one board that works doesn't necessarily mean you need the EXACT volume in your next board. Shape really has a big influence on how the board will work to the point that a volume fluctuation of say 10% or less should be minimal...

I just don't want people to feel bogged down on one liter here or half a liter there. Its important to critically look at all dims!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          I have a request in for that info. I'll post it as soon as I have it.

Thanks

Also keep in mind the volume of one board that works doesn't necessarily mean you need the EXACT volume in your next board. Shape really has a big influence on how the board will work to the point that a volume fluctuation of say 10% or less should be minimal...

I just don't want people to feel bogged down on one liter here or half a liter there. Its important to critically look at all dims!

Cheers
          With that said what are the rocker differences in the old quadraflex and hellrazor. I'm thinking the 6'1" hellrazor will float me better, paddle better, catch small and bigger waves better than my old quadraflex. I have done some of my best small to medium size wave surfing on my quadraflex even though it is really small for me at 180 pounds. I wish I could push harder off the bottom on the quadraflex. It isn't quite what it used to be but it still goes pretty good on a decent wave. At this point it weighs the same as my 5'8" dominator. I had them fins off on the scale the other day.

Thanks for your help guys. As you may remember I'm kind of on the fence about getting a hellrazor or hellfire but I really think the fact that I can surf my super low volume quadraflex in less that ideal conditions is a sigh that the hellfire will over lap my dominator to much. The hellrazor should be just fine on the less than ideal days and I should be able to do some hard bottom turns on it as well. I can't wait to get some swell so Chris can give us some more feed back on the 6'1" hellrazor.

Comment

rockers are fairly similar, a little extra in the nose of the hellrazor but not a ton....

Comment

rockers are fairly similar, a little extra in the nose of the hellrazor but not a ton....
              That is what I was thinking. After spending so much time on the quadraflex I feel the little extra width, thickness and 5 fins mixed with the hellfire type bottom and rail contours are going to make this board go insane for me. The more critically think about my experience and the waves I surf it feels like the razor will help me push my surfing even further.

Comment

I really love. just surfed it with another guy from the office who hadn't ridden it yet and he was CLAIMING it. it has a lot of usability, but man, if you are used to the flat, fast, somewhat less performance of a hybrid, this thing is so damn precise.....

really fun to ride.

Comment

Volume is 26.9L.

There it is!

Comment

Volume is 26.9L.

There it is!
                    Thank you very much. I can't believe how little my board is. I'm now 100% sold on the 6'1" Hellrazor over the Hellfire.

Comment

Damn I was close

Comment

Let's not go crazy there PRJ, there Are 10,000 microliters in the difference between your guess and the actual volume. 10,000 of anything is a lot of those....anythings...

Comment

:0)

Comment

Working...
                          X