Pyzalien float Vs rail thickness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyzalien float Vs rail thickness

Looking at trying one of these in a 5'8.
    A lot of the negative ride comments on here but I think people have been going wrong on size.

Believe this board is quite thick throughout? Not seen one but based on actual volume, the 5'8 is 25.9. I usually ride 27l on the dot yet in the past, the 5'6 lost V2 at 26.2l felt more floaty than my LSD 5'8 at 27l...so im a firm believer that rail thickness can make a board feel more boyant.

I don't want to go any bigger that a 5'8 yet just wanted to know people's thoughts. I'm 70kg, been surfing for 20+ years, strong paddler, intermediate surfer.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi.
    Been riding a PZ for the last year and a half.
    Can say is the best stubby shortboard I ever had. Had a unibrow before that I liked. But the PZ has more drive and directional control.
    Rails are thick for the thickness of the board, but they are fine. You have a long rail line that will hold your board.
    Step on the tail and that exit rocker makes it loose.
    I have the rounded square version. swallow will help put the back of the board underwater if you are not as heavy.
    Hope that helped

Comment

Hi Baker. I'm 6'3 and 200lbs. I have a 6'1 pyzalien at 31.6L. Personally, I think the rails are so thick that if you're an intermediate/advanced surfer, you should go one size smaller than your normal performance board. I usually ride around 31/32L and if I had could choose again, I would go for the 6'0 pyzalien.

I find the PZ has a lot of drive. Not my favourite board ever, but definitely not a bad board for going the line. Works really well in lined up waves.

Comment

Thanks for your inputs, I was probably a little over the top saying about its negativity, more people just didn't get on with it, I guess it's still a HP shape at the end of the day and when shops describe it as a groveller, you have to take that with a pince of salt.

I've just been hit with a miniscule tear in my knee so doubt I'll be back in the sea for a few months now anyway, need surgery and rehab, then an easier shape like the spitfire or something to wean me back to fitness. The joys of getting old(er).
        Last edited by Baker; 11-06-2016, 01:36 AM.

Comment

I have a PU pyzalien, it's a 6'0 x 19 1/2 x 2 3/8 . 31.3 liters of volume, absolutely loving it, I'm considering getting a FAST version to travel but the sizes are different , should I go 6'1 at 31.6 liters or the same 6'0 but at a lower volume I believe it's 30 liters

Comment

6'0.

Comment

6'0

Comment

Definitely 6'0

Comment

Working...
                X