Pyzalien sizing help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyzalien sizing help

I've been surfing about 2 years now and am looking to get my first proper shortboard. I've been riding a 6'4 x 22" x 2 5/8" bean shape with lots of volume around 41 L, super fun board for the small days, but I want something with a bit sharper outline to progress on, but also something with a full shape better suited to Oregon waves.

The pyzalien looks like a great board for me, but I can't decide what size. I'm a bigger guy at 6'5 and 200 lbs. I was thinking of either the 6'4 or 6'6 pyzalien... Thoughts?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

i would suggest either a spitfire or a dominator. those would be a more gradual step from the 41 L bean shape. the spitfire is an awesome board. I've got a 602 and realistically it's 'performance' enough for about 90% of us out there haha. still a more forgiving shape than the pyzalien though. a little better paddler and won't feel quite so squirrely

Comment

The Pyzalien is not a good choice for someone stepping down to shortboards. You need to ride this board at a very low volume to get a good feel out of it. I highly recommend going for a Spitfire. Don't get the Alien. I'm 82kgs and had the 6'2 at 32.6L and definitely should have been on the 6'0. It felt horrible.

Comment

Working...
      X