New Pnator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pnator

Had a chance to take some pics of the new Pnator. I thought these were interesting which show the amount of foam and bottom contours.

Tail contour

Slight V in nose

Tail of my Elf over the Pnator tail

Tail of my HF over the Pnator tail.

The PN and Elf side by side. You can see the extra volume in the PN.

Too many pictures? New board stoke !

stc67 nice pics ,some real foam in that 6'6, be interesting to hear reports on how the potatonator performs, iam similiar weight to you and weighing up pros and cons of a 6'2 or to go some more volume up to 6'4 possibly

suncoast

Comment

Hey Suncoast, let me get a set of fins dialed in on it and I'd be happy to give you a go. I'm pretty sure the factory has a 6'2 demo so between the 2 you should be able to get a good idea.

I have been working on volume which I am finding is a good guide. Around 50 litres seems to be my number ( i have had a 2 shoulder reconstructions and only have 85% strength in one of them) My Elf is only 44 litres and I notice it when paddling around. In nice waves it's fine, but it can be a challenge in a 2 hour session, particulary if there is a rip. interesting my Hellfire is just under 50litres and I find it paddles as well if not better than the Elf despite having more rocker.

Not sure what to expect with the PN but I don't intended getting a Potato so purposely when a bit higher in volume to help in the smaller stuff.

Cheers

Comment

• Marklids
        Marklids commented
        Editing a comment
        How much do you weigh? I was also thinking of getting a 6'6"

Originally posted by STC67 View Post
      Had a chance to take some pics of the new Pnator. I thought these were interesting which show the amount of foam and bottom contours.

Tail contour

Slight V in nose

Tail of my Elf over the Pnator tail

Tail of my HF over the Pnator tail.

The PN and Elf side by side. You can see the extra volume in the PN.

Too many pictures? New board stoke !
      Pretty usefull ones!!

Comment

STC can we get some video of you hitting the trampoline?

Comment

Well quite a few surfs in now on the Pnator.

The first surf was a punchy little beachbreak and it just didn't quite feel right. Probably not the right conditions, I was having hard time working out where "centred" was on the board while paddling and the few waves I got I could feel the wide tail in the hollow wave. Probably should have been on the Elf or an Addvance for me.

A few surfs and I have the "centre" thing worked out and it paddles really well. 1 standout session was a shoulder high fullish point break. I think it was the the perfect conditions for it, more vertical than i have been able too surf on any other board including more favourite Addvance, nice cutties better than I have done for many years. I also had no problem getting my share when surrounded by longboards so no issues with paddling.

One thing I have noticed is that it doesn't like to be ridden forward like the Elf does. It bogs down a bit where the Elf just slips along at pace. I need to practice more staying on the tail and cutting back closer to the pocket more often. Still riding it as a thruster with Pancho Sullivans but have some AM2 quads order so looking forward to trying those. Didn't like the Controllers in it but might try the Pancho sides and the Controller rears.

Comment

good feedback there STC!!

Comment

Pn as a quad

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              good feedback there STC!!
              Hi I am new to this forum stuff I read the posts but never comment.
              I just recently got on board Firewires and am blown away.

I ride a 5'10 Hellfire and just bought a 5,8 Pn for junk days.
              I feel that a 5,6 might have been the go but the board paddles so well and does not feel big at all.
              I would recommend running as a quad because of the wide tail.
              I run a set of Mr Tfx with small side bites and it handles amazing on flat weak faces.
              Full round house cutties no probs.

5,7 ish 72kg in the nip.

508PN 510HF...

Comment

good stuff pmorgan!! thanks for the support!!

Comment

Working...
                X