Potatonator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potatonator

As the name implies, the POTATO-NATOR is the result of gene-splicing the SWEET POTATO and the DOMINATOR. With a longer rail line and less girth than the POTATO, and a slightly pulled in nose similar to the DOMINATOR, the POTATO-NATOR is meant to be ridden 4”-6” longer than a POTATO, and approx. 2” shorter than the DM. The double concaves are softer than the SWEET POTATO and while the overall rocker has been increased slightly to enhanced performance, the low entry rocker remains which makes paddling a breeze. Designed primarily for 2’-4’ surf, the POTATO-NATOR will hold its own in 3’-5’ as well. Fin placement is optimized to be ridden as a quad, but don’t be afraid to throw in a small, knubby trailer fin to help this hybrid 4-finner come alive in new ways. Splice and dice it up!

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/qu...id=potatonator

AVAIL NOW

Comment

Do it have the stepped deck like the SP?

Comment

Arrival date

Hey chris. When is the arrival date here on the usa east coasr

Comment

you can place orders now and we'll ship to shops where the customer special orders/puts a deposit down.

As far as retail goes, out depends, some have made their way out, it just depends on the shop!!! its begun though!

Comment

Comment

yeah great clip!

Comment

It is a great clip. Makes me want one haha.
                On the bottom end of the scale, does the Sweet Potato have a clear advantage over the Potatonator. Talking waist to chest, weak surf or waist high steep runners. Those will be the predominant conditions I'd be using the board in. I think I like the idea of the Sweet Potato more, but the PN looks like a very attractive board.

Comment

I rode the potatonator in chest high Swamis and felt the tail fight me when getting out on the open face. Its still wide. It will be a board I ride predominantly in small surf, stomach high and down. That being said, it does handle the upper end better than the potato, but for competent surfers, it can be groveled very easily in knee high waves.

Comment

Do you see it replacing your SP?

Comment

where I live, yes. But that has to do with my preferences and the wave consistency. I'll do other things if its tiny. Don't need to surf shin high waves, which the potato can actually be fun in.

If I lived in a place like New England, I doubt the potatonator would make my quiver as easily. Only if I was really loaded and already had a potato. Where the period is shorter and waves are less consistent, its the Sweet potato all day long.

Comment

Hmm, I think I'm in a similar situation. I don't surf if it's terribile, I'm thinking of a board for those small clean waist high plus days where the guys cruising on longboards are about the only guys riding waves.
                        I think I'll go SweetP. That change of riding style will keep things fresh. I had a tonne of fun the day I demoed one so I know it's going to fit in exactly with what I want from it.

Comment

yeah. Most of the waves I surf are up over 14 seconds too. I still think across the Atlantic, the Potato is likely better...

although the small beach breaks of the sandy Mid-coast in the East can be steep li'l things great for a Potatonator.

Comment

Cheers for the insight!

Comment

The surfing in the Nev P'nator clip is what I'm finding I'm getting out of my board.
                              Yeeeww!

Comment

Working...
                              X