Nano upper limit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano upper limit

What do you guys think the upper limit of the nano is?

I've ridden my 5.3 Nano FST in up to 6ft Haleiwa, Laniakea, Maili Pt. Paddles into waves great, its setting the rail at high speeds that is a little more difficult. The Nano is so fast at that size that I have to really draw out my turns - maybe I'm just too light at 120lbs. I'd say optimal upper range for my Nano is about 4-5ft (8-10ft faces), depending on the type of wave.

Comment

can't seem to reply???!!!!

Comment

ironic that that one worked!

Comment

Mine has been fine up to 2x

Comment

Late to the Nano but really enjoying the board. A shame to see it is no longer on the list of production boards

Comment

ive had it in some pretty ok sized Hossegor

it's a drivy board, but I'd say it's sweet spot head high (stomach- headnhalf is it's range for me)

Comment

I'm super late on the Nano but Holly smokes my new nano goes off. Surfed the Nano in 2-3ft punchy peaks at Dbah. Nano has a narrower outline then the Evo, so like the Nano more in punchy waves. The Nano has so much drive more then the Evo in punchier waves, paddles so well into waves super early. Nano surfs like a shortboard but with way more drive and speed. Evo is better in small waves but anything punchy and bigger nano all day. Twiggy said the nano is underrated I don't no how.

Comment

Fitchy, See you have been having some good times on the Nano. I've been out of action recently with family duties back in the Big Smoke. Waves Mid North Coast been patchy at best recently with just an odd day here and there showing any promise. Been stuck on the VG last month or so, enjoying it heaps as it too, has something to offer. Last couple waves, a week or so back on the Omni have been fun, but waves really weren't Omni waves. SW change coming and the Nano is definitely going to get a run if the waves start running down the local points that I find its just so perfect for. Still comfortable with the K2.0 Thruster setup but looking back see that I was happy too with the H3 Tri so might revisit these, Just out of interest saw Tomo talking about his new Hydronaut and he mentioned that in its development stages he felt it needed an Nano type nose/front end......enough said.

Comment

Hey Twiggy, Seen Tomo talking Nano nose on the Hydronaut I really like the Nano nose. Got some good swell at the points hoping to get a day off work and take out the nano really enjoying the board blow my mind the other day how good it went.

Comment

Fitchy did you get to take it out this morning? I reckon the Nano I used to have would have gone well, though maybe not so much with some of the duck diving ... actually I think I saw someone out there on a Nano (or was that yesterday??) didn't get a chance to talk to them, but curious how it went... I think I had mine out in up to 1.5 OH but pretty clean... seems so long ago now

Comment

Hey IFX.64, didn't get a chance to surf the nano in the bigger swell I was working in brisbane all week. Think I'm going to hit south Straddie tomorrow so I'll take out my Nano.

Comment

Just got my 2nd FST nano from Andy down at quicksilver surf shop Coolangatta, hooked me up with a great deal fantastic crew, great customer service and plenty of FW boards in stock. A guy custom ordered this nano 3 month wait and then decided he didn't won't it, because there is more nano in production and sold my XTR Evo for $600 bucks I decided to get it. I like the new logos. My 2 board quiver.
                          Last edited by Fitchy; 12-03-2016, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Sweet! Fitchy. Santa's visited you early this year! What size is it? And did you sell the XTR to a local surfer or is it going interstate?

Comment

Sold XTR Evo to a local and Nano is 5'8. Quicksilver cooly had some FST Amigo's was checking out the 6'0. Also had TT Evo but I'm not keen on TT or LFT just FST.
                              Last edited by Fitchy; 12-03-2016, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X