Michel bourez Model rails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michel bourez Model rails

Hi, what kind of rails does the MB have ? Medium ? Full ? I'm considering the MB thick but i'm afraid the rails would be too thick...
    I'm 5'8 150 lbs, considering a 5'8 18'1/4 2'1/4, surfing pretty aggressively.

fairly full for a performance board and feel even fuller as you have the wider nose and tail that increases the length of rail in the water.. in the 6'2 at least, the rails are similar in both thicknesses, just a more domed deck in the thicker one.. it rides bigger than it is and is a handful if too big... a screamer if small enough to throw around..!!... if your good enough, ride that 2 3/16ths thin version... somewhere on here i have side by side pics of both thickness 6'2's.. if you cant find them let me know and i'll take a pic of the 6'2 thin rail profile for you as i still have that board..

Comment

Thank you CPT, pics would be nice ! I could probably surf the thin version but 23.5L wouldn't be enough in term of paddle power, i usually surf 24.5/25L PU boards, that would be my first firewire.

Comment

• core personal training
        Editing a comment
        if your used to that vol then yep stick with the 2 5/8ths 5'8.. must have comparison shots on an old hdd.. cant find them.. will take a rail profile of the thin 6'2 now.. its 2 7/16ths but the shape/profile will be the basically the same... back shortly..

as you can see the thickness goes right down the board.. thicker version was similar until about where my wax starts then kept rising to a more domed deck.. this is 2 7/16ths remember, but it shows you the rail shape/profile and distribution
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks you very much for this CPT, that's a fairly full rail, i will think this trough.

Comment

• core personal training
          Editing a comment
          get a vanguard... trust me, just get a vanguard... everyone, just get a vanguard..!!! ...... and i NEVER recommend anything Nev hasn't shaped
      Working...
      X