Jacknife

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacknife

The JACKNIFE is our newest high performance Hybrid. It has a slightly fuller nose and a fairly wide wing swallow which results in an “effective rail” line that allows length through turns when you need it, and shorter, snappier turns when you release between arcs. Couple this with a contemporary foil and rocker for vertical in the pocket and rail sensitive ripping, and the un-weighting ease for longer airtime, and you’ll love the versatility. Ride the JACKNIFE 2” shorter than you standard FLEXFIRE/TAJ, or 2 to 4” longer than your DOMINATOR/SPITFIRE.

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/qu...ardid=jacknife

AVAIL 8/15

Looks like an awesome board. 6 months to go!

Comment

yeah that one is little bit away...

Comment

Looks like a good one, if at some point down the line I find myself with some extra money to spend and a place for it in the quiver I might have to give it a go.

Comment

Chris, what does the tail on the swallow measure tip to tip W on either the Jacknife or the Activator?

Comment

hey fritz I don't have that info in front of me right now. hit me up after the 27th I'll have both boards here at the office to measure.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Chris, I will be waiting, as I plan on either a 6-3 or a 6-5 activator, I have a larger weighted friend that thinks he wants a 6-11 or 7-1 activator. but was turned off by the tail thickness of the 6-8 and 6-10 dominator he saw. just too thick and too wide. If you get these sizes it would be much appreciated it we could get feedback and possibly photos with a ruler of the tails dimensions? I know its asking alot, but we dont have those shapes here yet and would order them asap if they fit the dimensions we want..

We are hopeing everything is pulled in more and thinner than the comparable Dominator dimensions.
              Last edited by Fritzkat; 04-19-2012, 03:34 PM.

Comment

It looks like it could be a really versatile board.

Comment

Fritzcat, i have held an Activator 5'11 , mine in fact, i used to have a Dominator 5'10 and the rails and thickness through the board feel thiner, i might be wrong but it felt more refined and hotted up. Compared to the Dominator it looks and feels like it could handle the sizable waves but still go in the knee high stuff, exactly what i wanted and the tail is wild looks like you will be able to turn on a dime.

Comment

Seabass,
                    I read your post correctly you say the Activator is thinner in the rails and thickness. Is the tail pulled in more? any measurements to share?

also how wide is the Swallow?

Comment

the foil of the board is similar, the most dramatic change is the tail. definitely geared towards performance in better surf.

Comment

Seabass, Please post some photos if you get the chance, I have been acheing to see one up close of the tail and compare it to a dominator.

Comment

do people want more pics of the activator?

Comment

Yes please, and more reviews. Seabass is carrying the team at the moment. Surly there are some FW team that have ridden it and can compare with Dom, Spit, etc.

Cheers

Comment

Hey Chris,

Can you tell Nev to stop designing new boards? I'm never going to get my house paid off.

Cheers,
                              CH

Comment

Working...
                              X