Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would a hellfire be a an unwise purchase if already own a futura?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would a hellfire be a an unwise purchase if already own a futura?

Hi all
    i have a 6ft futura and was considering a 5ft 10 hellfire......satisfy board buying addiction.
    Was just thinking that it might be a bit of a pointless purchase as have a futura in 6ft. It would be a similar volume to the hellfire and i figured would be similar board?
    any thoughts be appreciated.

If not hellfire purchase i am going to stump up for a fish tail for the other end of quiver!

They have a lot of overlap in the conditions that you would ride each in, but they feel very different when surfing them. The bottom contours of the hellfire make it unique in that it really likes going rail to rail and it has a super hight little arch to it. The Futura has a more traditional short board feel to it and draw a smoother more powerful line. So long store short, you aren't going to really equip yourself for a wider wave range, but you will get a board that feels different and it will allow you to approach your surfing in a different manner...

Hope this helps a little bit!

Comment

Thanks Chris...
      Torn. got the opp to buy a 5ft 10 for good price, but thinking it might be just a greedy purchase.
      I ride the el fuego all the time, and rarely use the futura!
      just got tempted by the idea of the hellfire as a travel board to surf in better waves. i.e morocco/portugal.
      however i also figure the futura would be okay for that to?
      choice choices!

Comment

i would also class myself as intermediate, so dont know if i would really know or feel massive diff between futura and hellfire?

shall i just buy the fish tail for the small days....have always loved twin fins...

Comment

Hey James, I would actually push you towards the Dominator. Its a quiver "must have" and it would really open up your quiver's range!

Take al ook at that model

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/qu...rdid=dominator

Comment

Yeah i know the dom....but I have an el feugo....thought dom would not be best to buy as el fuego covers similar waves? would a dom simply then make the fuego redundant?

Comment

ohh ok...yeah then go smaller wave. think potato. way more progressive than the Fishtail...

Comment

yeah i thought about potato, i just really like fishes. I had a xanadu rocket fish and loved it and was hoping firewire fishtail would replace it nicely.
                i know the potato would allow more progressive moves, but i like the idea of the fish more.....? guess could also think potatonator?

Comment

yeah they are all options. if you already know what you want then get on it!! The Fishtail and Quadfish models are super fun!!

The potatonator is great as well.

Comment

yeah....so futura, elf fuego and fish tail.....good range to cover...i'm not at stage to need step up!!!
                    futura be good for trips to heavier european points/beaches...
                    elfuego for east coast uk and fish for small mush anywhere?

Comment

there you go!! chances are the fishtail won't be in stock there but place you order and we'll get it there!

Comment

just a quick check on something if you can help....
                        my futura is an early model #25378
                        dims are 6ft, 19.75, 2.38
                        will that have same volume as new futura's on the website? i.e 29.4?
                        feels quite big when compared to my fuego, but it should have less vol?

Comment

what size is your El Fuego?

I don't have the volume of any older Futuras handy but it will be VERY close to the one listed online, as that model has not changed much...

Comment

Working...
                          X