Hellfire or Hellrazor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellfire or Hellrazor?

I am 5'10 and weigh 155 lbs. and surf New Smyrna inlet and Ponce inlet in Central Florida and the surrounding areas. I have been surfing most of my life and have a pretty solid repertoire of new school maneuvers. Im thinking of getting either a hellfire or hellrazor for our better conditions in Florida. Im leaning towards a 5'8 hellfire or 5'11 hellrazor. Any thoughts or suggestions?

If you surf real well then both will surf a purpose, just for different conditions. To me, the hellrazor is a great beach break board, but it does have to be a little bit bigger or steeper to work while the hellfire is a bit more of a groveler.

what conditions are you looking to address?

Comment

Yeah I will be using it 4 when the waves are good and punchy in florida. I am kind of leaning toward the hellfire but I am not sure if the 5'8 would work for me at 155 lbs. Do you think that the 5'8 will have too much volume for me?

Comment

Originally posted by mdayton360 View Post
        Yeah I will be using it 4 when the waves are good and punchy in florida. I am kind of leaning toward the hellfire but I am not sure if the 5'8 would work for me at 155 lbs. Do you think that the 5'8 will have too much volume for me?
        5'6" will be my call. Although the extra volume will help you when the conditions are not punchy, which seems to be the case in Florida right?. So if you're buying the board for that specific purpose then 5'6"

Comment

yeah its a bit a of a preference call. Get into a shop and try to hold one or the other to help make a call. I think you can make arguments for both...

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X