No announcement yet.

6'2" Hellfire or 6'4"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

because i'm part of the conversation...enuf said....!!

Comment

hope your watchin felipe now....

Comment

hahaha...understood and well played. I tip my cap to that!

Comment

Just bought the hf 6'0 & solus fins, hoping not too much foam.

Comment

good stuff wayde, stoked. keep us posted.

Comment

Finally, photographic examples of muscling the rail on a bigger board rather than relying on fin pivot to complete a turn. Costa Rica, circa 2006, 6/10 long x20 inch wide Surftech JC model from pre Firewire days, 55yrs old at the time, still a mere grommet!
              Attached Files

Comment

uyg

Comment

yeeeeewwwww.....piha with the tried and tested OLD SCHOOL style....(sorry about the "old"..!).....grommets take note...this is why your board has rails....!!

Comment

sink a rail! Past masters, TC and TC!

Comment

In my dreams Slowman! Off to Maldives on Friday for 18 days,7 days at Cokes then 11 days boat trip in the Central Atolls. Indian Ocean is starting to light up, first mega swell of the season hitting Piha tomorrow after sending good swell into the Indian Ocean last week. Cameraman coming on trip and 3 of us on Firewires so should get some nice photos. Hope its better than Bali last year which was almost completely flat for most of the time we were there for 8 days Oct/Nov. Got a new set of Shapers quad E fins to try out on the Hellfire that have come highly recommended so will report back as they seem to be rising stars in the Fin universe down under.

Comment

Piha, ha! Sounds like reality is good to you anyway! Good luck with the Maldives trip. What boards are you taking?

Comment

Hi Slowman and Core, at this stage just my 6/2 Dom and 6/4 Hellfire but i feel a little exposed to possible breakage issues[unlikely with Firewire I know] and also to larger wave issues if we get a really big swell. If weight restrictions allow I will take a 6/10x 19 1/2 that I made myself and which went well in good head and a half Cokes a few years ago. Would ideally like a 6/9 Hellrazor but 'she who must be obeyed' has already been exceedingly gracious and I'm [wisely] not prepared to push it as I have new board acquisition schemes already percolating for my return!

Comment

thats funny, i thought I married "she who must be obeyed"..!!!....trip sounds fun...hope you score....and hope the percolator isn't taken off the gas while your away.....

Comment

Working...
                            X