No announcement yet.

Hellfire reviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't ride the hellfire as much and still find it to be more back footed than my other boards, going to rip it as a quad!!

Comment

• Having found this mega-thread on the Hellfire, I thought it was the perfect place to ask about sizing - I am constantly placed in-between board volumes!!! Currently 67kg's (147odd lbs), 5'6 (173) intermediate surfer. Plugging these into the calculator returns a min/max volume of 23-29: the main lengths I am looking at are 5'8 (27vol) and 5'10 (29vol). I am wanting an all-round, quiver destroyer. Although, if honest, most days are gutless (2-4ish ft) - however, I would also like a board for those rare days around 5-6ft if possible.

My main concern is that the 5'10 may have too much float? Couple of local surfies recommend the 5'10, but still not completely convinced.

Comment

• 5'8" all day. especially at your height.

Comment

• 5'8",
          The 5'6" will float you but it might be a bit short

Comment

• Well played Iqqy and Prj!

Comment

• At 5'9 and 70kg/155lbs + a wetsuit intermeidiate ability would I be looking at a 5'8 or 5'10 hellfire as a best bet?
              Thanks

Comment

• 5'8" would be my initial call. What else are you riding though?

Comment

• Cheers

I'm riding a 5'2 sweet potato that obviously feels quite large but it goes so well I'm happy with the vol. especially in full rubber dead of winter.

My other main board is a 5'9 fuego. 28.6 litres seems to be a nice more around float. It paddles easy and feels stable enough etc.

I'm kind of thinkin 5 10 hf cause it's just under a litre more than the elf. But on the other hand if the 5'8 is going to be better suited to my size id consider going lower in vol with the view to improve. But maybe it's best to stay a little more foamed if the 5 10 is gonna be a performer anyway.

Always seem to feel like I'm inbetween sizes but I recon that's just down to over thinkin which size to get

Comment

• I think either would work. I'm about 76kg and would be tossing up between the two sizes also. The 5'10" feels like a lot of board though. My 5'8" Sub is the same volume as the 5'8" HF.
                    Try and hold both, I had myself down for a 5'10" Sub until I held it and soon realised it packed too much foam for me.

Comment

• Yeh I think your right il know when I hold them. I thought the same about the 5 11 ef. When I held it I was a bit surprised at the size. How are you finding the sweet spot on the sub? Same as the spitfire ?

Comment

• Conditions wise? It likes a bit more push than the Spitfire. It's about 4l less volume though.
                        That reduced volume and width makes it much easier to push through turns for me though. I often took my Spit out in headhigh plus, fast waves and found it hard to really jam a turn on at speed. In smaller, slower stuff it's perfect though.
                        The Sub solves those problems for me. It still works in medium sized, shorter period stuff, but when I get a good wave on that board I still feel like I can surf it like a shortboard and don't feel like the volume is holding me back.
                        I think I'd enjoy a 5'6" Spitfire in punchy waves.

Comment

• Yeh cheers appreciate your insight. Maybe I give it some more thought and try to get in and hold one. Still looking flat down in Cornwall for the weekend eh? I want to get in a few mre sessions on the 5'6 Dom... But looks likley I'd be lucky to get going on the SP

Comment

• Yeah the forecast is shocking at the minute. It has been bad with a lot of onshores recently, but now it's completely flat it's even worse!

Comment

• May it even out with great waves and weather real soon !

Comment

• Matt_s,

My 2 cents - Definitely 5'8. I am 5'7 140lbs and 5'6 HF is perfect for my intermediate ability. I also have a 5'0 sweet potato which is very good at paddling and getting into waves but feels large when I am riding. However it's a keeper for me as I am on 4/3 wetsuit for most of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X