No announcement yet.

El Fuego!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez I don't worry about the cost. A couple of hundred bucks changeover every 6 months is not much considering what I see some blokes drop on the ponies, golf, nightclubs, chicks, rugby matches, expensive wine, all of which are not hobbies of mine (except maybe chicks but I am only allowed to look which is free, would be kidding myself anyway).

Your dead a long time!

Comment

Yeah I hear you PRJ on the hybrids. I have to say, though, I am grabbing the dom for a lot of my "smallest day" sessions lately. that board riiiiiiips.

Comment

Yeah I miss having a Dom. If I see a FDM508 secondhand on ebay or anything for a good price, I'd definitely pick one up again.

Have you ridden your TJ602 lately Chris? My buddy is back from his round the world trip with my old one in the next couple of weeks, I wonder if he's going to want to offload when he gets home... I don't really have much use for it because my CBD covers that area, but it was such a nice board.

Comment

Hey Prj,
          not reallly....its such a good wave board and the waves here rarely get steep enough for me to prefer that over a Michel or an Alternator...

If I were going to Indo though I would likely have that one.

Cheers

Comment

Yeah it is a weapon, would love to try it in Indo. Still impresses me how well Taj makes it work when the waves are poor.

Comment

yeah its impressive. when its your job to surf, that's what happens...

Don't let it get you down!

Comment

or when that happens it becomes your job to surf?

I can still blame sub par conditions for sub par surfing as long as I stay in the UK!

Comment

there you go. I blame good beer and the halo franchise...

Comment

There's a new Halo coming out soon I hear, and it's supposed to be a gooden. Watch out!

Comment

yeah need to practice.

Comment

I have only played 1 and 2 briefly and don't have an xbox anymore, else I'd get it and you could kick my ass.

Comment

yeah its a glimmer of my dorm life in college. but I'll still buy it so I feel like I am an undergrad again.

Comment

we used to session CoD:MW pretty hard but the newer ones just aren't as fun. I've got Battlefield 2 now but it's a proper effort to play. Pretty full on. Don't really get much time for it nowadays, the dog starts kicking off at me as soon as I turn it on. "If you've got nothing to do, walk me!!!"

Comment

Surfed the ELF today in 2-3 foot waves. At first I was struggling because I was getting up and putting my foot too far back on the board. That created problems because my weight was back and sometimes it would slip out from under me. Then I got my feet right and this board just took off. I had 4 amazing waves today!!! One wave I took off on and the lip was coming over and I was high and thought I was going to get pitched and it air dropped a couple feet down to the bottom of the wave and I kept going. I went back to the top and hit the lip and then I hit it again down the line, AMAZING! Another wave was 4ft and the board took off and and made a critical section and was super fun as some kook almost dropped in on the biggest wave of the morning.

Overall I love this board and am really glad I bought it. Could have surfed the DOM but wanted to see if I could make this thing go, and boy did it go. I really do not think this is redundant at all and think that making the closeout sections and not quiet as peaky waves are its bread and butter.

Was riding the k2.1 set-up felt very connected to the wave, great fins.

Brent
                              Last edited by hwork50; 06-21-2012, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I'm super stoked on a one size up Dom for small waves. At 6'4" that's my "bottom end" board. I suspect it performs much the same as a Potatonator with slightly less litreage.

My mid size board is the Futura. I'm still figuring that one out. A super fantastic board though.

I'm 100% convinced the Alternator is the perfect short board for me in good waves. I'll probably be moving down to a 6'6", but maybe upping the width to 20" in CBD.

So for me it's a 3 board quiver. I have to confess I'm eyeing up a mini driver for that mid range board, but only because it looks so good - there's no adverse reflection on the Futura - I've only surfed it twice! The thing with Firewires though is they're so durable you dont need to change over boards as frequently. With the quiver I have one new board a year would be ample. I can probably stump up for one new one a year, but there are only so many boards you can use/fit in a house!
                                Last edited by buzzy; 06-26-2012, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X