Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did you get rid of the El Fuego? And, I love the path your company is taking.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did you get rid of the El Fuego? And, I love the path your company is taking.

I used to have a 5'11 diamond tail Elf that I ended up selling as it was a little too short for my skill level at the time. I caught quite a few good waves on it, but only really had good sessions on it in full waves that were really easy to get into.

Any way, I picked up a second hand FST 5'11 Elf on the weekend, this time a swallow tail. Had only been ridden a few times and sat in a garage collecting dust. One of the old ones with a valve.
    Put some MRTFX fins in that I've held onto since "just in case". I've got two trailers, but opted for the super twin config as I've been riding thrusters a lot lately.
    Surf was 2-3ft short barrelling right hand point waves.
    Felt at one with this board from the word go. Actually made my first ever tube.
    I'm going to PNG in December and this board will definitely be one of the four that I take with me.
    So much paddle, drive and hold in the steeper sections of the wave.
    I just wonder why you stopped making such a great board. There used to be a few swallow boards in the range and now there's only a few swallow tail options.
    I'm going to put the second trailer in it tomorrow and surf it as a quad. I reckon it'll go sick on the open face at my local point.

If it's a matter of having too many lines in your range, get rid of the spitfire, or better yet... you could pull up one of the potatoes and cook it over El Fuego....

Oh and when you do bring it back, please make sure it's available in timbertek.

I love what you guys are doing in terms of sustainability. I've subscribed to the wire podcast. Love your work Chris, I miss shred show, but enjoy the higher brow content of the wire.
    I'm looking forward to day when Firewire comes out with the first Carbon negative surfboard. F#@k carbon neutral, go big. Can you make a surfboard blank from hemp plastic?

I'd really love to work for you guys one day. Keep up the good work.

Had another session on it today up at a well known cronulla reef.... what an absolute pleasure this this is to surf. MRTFX twin + trailer. Most fun I've had with my pants on for months.

Comment

One of the greatest ever all rounders in the Firewire range and also the biggest ever regrets selling mine - I still do not know what I was thinking until this very day!

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna2 View Post
        One of the greatest ever all rounders in the Firewire range and also the biggest ever regrets selling mine - I still do not know what I was thinking until this very day!
        I ordered a 6'0 x 19.6 x 2.5 with my local shaper to bridge the gap between my DHD Sweet spot 2.0 and my 5'10 dominator (which I'm not that fond of). Then the Elfuego came up on the classifieds. I'm tempted to cancel the order with my local shaper as I just don't need it.

Comment

Have a 6 ' 1 Elf swallow which i won't ever get rid of
          Firstly cause i absolutely love it and secondly i know Goanna laments getting rid of his
          Fully undersatnd where your'e coming from Goanna
          Rode it exclusively for a couple of years and then went experimenting on others for long time
          Dragged it out again couple of months ago and took 2 waves to realize again why i loved it so much and what a great well balanced board it is
          There's just something special about it
          I know just about every board go's good in Maldives but those long waves and the Elf was sometimes almost surreal just buttery
          Great in the tube backhand reo's whatever just a great allrounder
          Sorry rambling on

Comment

Working...
          X