• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grego
    started a topic Stripping wax of my Fuego

Stripping wax of my Fuego

Hey all,
    I bought my first Firewire- 6'1 El Fuego- about 5 months ago and have to say it is the most fun board I have ever owned! Cheers prjwebb, gnubee and chris for your sizing advice at the time of purchase... 6'1 was spot on for my size and ability. Still undecided as to my next purchase, but I'm thinking a 6'2 Hellfire would be the perfect companion for when the waves are cranking!

Just wondering about the best way of stripping old wax off as its coming into winter and I need to switch to cool water wax. For my older PU boards I've always just stripped back with a wax comb, then used a small amount of kerosene on a rag to give a final clean- never had any problems doing this but wondering about whether it is safe with a RF Firewire? Any recommendations?

Cheers!

• Bergie
    replied
    I use the pickle best thing around and good for the planet give it a try it work goood!!

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    ha i was just kidding. hot wash and dish detergent. dish detergent is designed to isolate fats and cut grease. go super hot though. Only thing is the fabric may lose a bit of color or bleed a bit. just keep in mind you can't go back to the company if the hot wash alters the bag in any way. Ha.

Good luck...

Leave a comment:

• surfgumby
    replied
    Hi Chris,

Hey I'm trying to help prj save the planet here! Will try the hot wash & see how it goes.

O the pickle does a very good job, thanks for that tip prj!

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    trash buy a new one?

Leave a comment:

• Phill
    replied
    Hot wash?

Leave a comment:

• surfgumby
    replied
    Wax off board Sorted!

BUT.

What ingenius system do the good people out there in forum land use to get wax out of/ off their board sock when a well meaning mate shoves your board in the wrong way around resulting in wax blobs/hunks sticking to the bottom of your board & circumventing the nanotune effect?

Leave a comment:

• surfgumby
    replied
    Yep, vegi it is but my packet says not to ingest it! So maybe its a bit sticky & sour after it gets full of mouldy old wax!

Leave a comment:

• Phill
    replied
    yeah, when you're finished with it you can eat it.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    is a pickle a vegetable still?

Leave a comment:

• Phill
    replied
    yeah i was skeptical at first but now a full convert.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    that thing works so well.

Leave a comment:

• surfgumby
    replied
    The pickle is coming, the pickle is coming! Got noe from fleabay $20.....can't wait to unbottle it & get pickled all over my boards!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• core personal training
    replied
    cool....

Leave a comment:

• Phill
    replied
    Nah it says the dirtier the better. It seems to lose a little of its dusty contents as you use it which clings to the wax so it wipes away.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TCnEBojsmg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X