• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hana .. is that your dom? or hell fire?

Comment

Nice turn there!!!!!

Comment

Fritz, thats my 6 4 RF DOM at Punta Mango in El Salvador. The Dom was working good, but it was during these sessions that I realized that a more pulled in board like a Hellfire would be optimal!! Came home from this surf trip and grabbed me a Hellfire. Now I'm frothing about the Hellrazer or even the Michel Bourez model???

Comment

nice shot hanalei. wave looks like a dreamy one for a hybrid.

the hell razor looks great. I tried it as a diamond and found it to be about as high-performance as a hybrid can be without being a shortboard. I have to say, the funny thing is, these hybrids are boasting a touch of extra volume, a little less rocker out the tail but still a bit of flip in the nose, some extra width but not a ton of thickness. as a result its a board that is easy to use in small stuff, but one that handles its own in solid over head. where the dom and spit get skatey in big surf, the hellfire and hellrazor excel.

Comment

Have been looking at an Addvance as a small wave/ higher wave count board but thread advise has been that even the 6'6 at my weight (72kgs) and coming off a 7' x 20 1/2 x 2 1/2 would be too much board...
            Any thoughts on the ideal Dominator option ? ( mid 40's / 30 years exp / ride once or twice a week)

Comment

The 6'0" would be plenty of board for you but dropping a whole foot in length is going to take quite a bit of adjustment. I don't think the 6'6" ADDvance is a bad idea. But you could definitely ride something like a 6'0" Dominator.

Comment

yeah 600 or 602 dominator I think you'd be happy!!

Comment

Agreed!!

Comment

teamwork

Comment

Just in from a sweet session on a demo 6'4" Dominator....have to say it lived up to expectations. In chunky 3-4 foot beach break duck dived well, took the drops no problem & so smooth through the turns. Also real balanced off the foam...
                      Thanks for the advise guys - another convert about to place an order!
                      One question though : on largest wave why a distinct whistle from the board through the bottom turn?

Comment

Well that's actually the fins. Humming on fins is actually a not so very uncommon issue that can be fixed by sanding the trailing edge of it a bit.

Comment

Thanks for answering that one; didn't think it would be a major. Still amped - new Dom on its way!

Comment

Well there is no danger for either the fin or the fin boxes is just the humming and the extra back foot massage!!!;). Had that happen to me on my 9'0" flex flight
                            A bit of sanding on the trailing edge will do. Maybe if you could post a pic of the fins...

Comment

My brother and I were out Saturday morning here at the local reef, it was solid double head, thick as it was tall, I head to concentrate to keep my 5'10 Dom from getting too excited, my brother snapped 2 fins on a bottom turn and that ended his session (that'll teach him to use cheap fins), we both had Dominators and they were awesome if very loose.

Comment

What kind of fins was he using???. Heavy footed?. Plugs are ok?
                                Imagine if you would have had a hellfire or a hellrazor?

Comment

Working...
                                X