New SUSTAINABLE Dominator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SUSTAINABLE Dominator

Anyone got any info on the new sustainable Dominator? Looks real nice with the wood on both sides but how will it ride? Like the rapidfire or fst? Also any info on when these might show up in uk and the price difference? I was thinking of getting a new board but I might have to wait for one of these.

Do you mean the Enviroflex/Crossfire build or...something else??

Comment

thats the one. Enviroflex. Got any details?

Comment

Nah I don't actually. I was expecting to see them at retail this year as they were in the brochure released at the beginning or the year but the only ones I'm aware of have been samples.
        Not sure if its still being fine tuned or if the plug has been pulled on those ones for now.
        I'm sure Chris will have more information.

Comment

Yeah they are being released in the states, its not an international push at this point because we want to see how interest is...

We'll be delivering them this week to So Cal shops and BC Surf in Florida already got a hit.

Comment

They are made with a bio-based epoxy resin and are the same shapes everyone knows, just in a slightly different tech. Read a little more on the blog.

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/ne...tainable-surf/

Comment

I'll would get all my boards in that tech.

Comment

Hey Chris, curious on the feel and weight of the Crossfire/Enviroflex tech. Does it feel more like the RF or FST. And is it light like the RF? Also what's the core foam on those? 1.5-2lb or the <1lb stuff?
                Thanks!

I'd still like a Enviro Sweet Potato at some point!

Comment

Yeah, Id also really consider getting all my boards in this tech. But like prjwebb, Im interested to know the feel of these new boards.

Comment

they are super dialed. they actually come in a touch lighter than standard FST so they feel great in the water!! Super durable too.

Lively rapidfire-like flex with FST durability.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi Chris, I love the look and idea of these boards. I see they are in shops in USA already, I'm keen to replace my SP and DM which seem to be two shapes already showing - two questions - when are they expected in Australia and will price be same as RF?

Comment

Hey Jus,
                        They actually aren't going to be available in the US, as its a limited release program at this point. Sorry for the bummer news...

Comment

Hi Chris,

Say what? Sorry bit confused, did you mean they aren't available in US or aren't available in OZ? I thought I'd already seen a shop advertising them in US.

I'm in Australia so if they are going to be here I'm happy.

Even if not in Australia please tell where the limited release is and who is selling these babies?

Thanks

Comment

sorry yeah, OZ....

Just going to be released in small numbers here in the US.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Do you know what shapes will be available? I am looking to get a 6'1" Hellrazor and love the idea of the enviroflex. I live in San Luis Obispo,CA but frequent LA and SD to visit family so I could stop by any vendor along the coast. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X