Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chubby Chedda

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/su...=chubby_chedda

Designed by Luke Short, the Chubby Chedda is a refined version of the original Chubby Checker, a favorite of many including Julian Wilson when he’s free surfing or pushing it in expression sessions.

Luke widened the outline slightly while adding a subtle hip behind the front fins, adding more whip through turns. The concaves are also deeper, creating more ‘get up and go’, and the tail rocker has been accentuated for the perfect blend of speed and responsiveness.

The Chubby Chedda is best described as a ‘performance-hybrid’, and should be ridden at least two inches shorter than your standard high performance short board. And if push comes to shove, the design will hold its own in overhead surf as well.

chris what fins u rocking in this bad boy?

Comment

I ride the WCTs for playful stuff and EA Blackstix if I am on a punchier beach break. Rode the AM2s in it and they weren't for me...

Comment

How does it compare to the SR Chris? I really like the look of this one.

Comment

The wide point is further forward and its rides with a slightly longer rail. Its not a lot flatter but that added length from the tail to the wide point gives it a little extra speed.

Comment

Looks like a pretty hefty tail rocker from the photos I've seen. Or could that be lens distortion?
            If I don't click with the Vanguard I think one of these will be on order...

Comment

yeah its not a crazy tail rocker. still a lot of hybrid in it. rides well. The concave is sick. makes the tail super responsive.

Comment

giggidy

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                  How does it compare to the SR Chris? I really like the look of this one.
                  Hi prjwebb SR is the Sub scorcher?

Comment

Yeeep

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                      yeah its not a crazy tail rocker. still a lot of hybrid in it. rides well. The concave is sick. makes the tail super responsive.
                      Chris could you give us your thoughts on how it compares to the unibrow? Which is more high perf? What types of waves are they suited for

Thanks

Comment

Hi Chris
                        I've decided to buy a Chubby Chedda
                        According to the "Volume calculator" I need Max. 29L (28 yrs, advanced and fit)
                        Shall I go 5'10, or 5'11?

Height: 1,90m
                        Weight: 77kg
                        Cold waters of Portugal, 10-15 Celcius.

Actual boards:
                        Taj - Firewire - 6'4 x 19,5 x 2,5 (too long for small waves)
                        Rusty Project - Tuflite - 6'3 x 18,75 x 2,18 (too thin for non punchy surf, or mushy waves)

I´m starting to do front side airs, but with the rusty in small waves the tail gets stuck.
                        I wanna go air wild from now on haha.
                        Thanks man.

Comment

I'd go 5'10

Comment

Vanguard 5'6"??? for those air missions it would fit like a glove

Originally posted by Andy Gomez View Post
                            Hi Chris
                            I've decided to buy a Chubby Chedda
                            According to the "Volume calculator" I need Max. 29L (28 yrs, advanced and fit)
                            Shall I go 5'10, or 5'11?

Height: 1,90m
                            Weight: 77kg
                            Cold waters of Portugal, 10-15 Celcius.

Actual boards:
                            Taj - Firewire - 6'4 x 19,5 x 2,5 (too long for small waves)
                            Rusty Project - Tuflite - 6'3 x 18,75 x 2,18 (too thin for non punchy surf, or mushy waves)

I´m starting to do front side airs, but with the rusty in small waves the tail gets stuck.
                            I wanna go air wild from now on haha.
                            Thanks man.

Comment

I'm about your size and I'd go 510

Comment

Working...
                              X