No announcement yet.

Baked Potato vs. Sweet Potato

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agreed. if you want as much "bigger" wave versatility as possible, then go potatonator ALL day!!

Comment

Not sure if this is the right forum for Kneeboarding, but I saw the Sweet Potato and said that's my ideal small wave Kneeboard (with a few tweaks).
      I normally ride my Friar Tuck (Parkes) board but was looking for something "out-there" , utilisiing that great double concave V and volume of the SP.

A fun board for the crappy waves that usually exist around most of the time here in Perth. I bought the 5'8" Sweet Potato refinned it so that two new forward fins where replugged at about an inch gap. This board went well, really fast but was too narrow(22 1/4") and stability an issue and I found and unfortunately kept on catching the rail. It more than likely a riding style not yet adapted to this board.

I saw another kneeboarder riding similar SP and ripping but with original fin pattern. Anyway SOLD the SP it and bought the 5'11" BP wider at 22 5/8" more volume. I think this will work a lot better but have yet to surf it.

With this 5 fin board I have more options to experiment, Ill replug for forward fins and put central fin box in to allow more forward centre fin or just put a huge SUP fin in for the old school single fin style.

Is there any Kneeboarders out there using the SP or BP and your experiences asIMG_9964.jpgIMG_9972_2.jpgIMG_9988.jpgIMG_9991.jpg I would keen to know?

Comment

BP is a great board, well worth the purchase. Best board in my collection.

Comment

Bloody hell, plenty of fun options.
          I kneeboard my sweet p when a hollow closeouf presents its self. Always fun.

Comment

Try riding it prone....tonnes of fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by Avalanche-Surfer View Post
              Hey Guys.. my new 5'7" Baked Potato just arrived here in Hawaii.... here are some photos for you all to drool over:
              I heard Hawaii received and began selling BP first in the US. yay!!! lol

Comment

that is confirmed!

Comment

Are all the potatoes epoxy?

Comment

All Firewires are epoxy

Comment

Working...
                    X