5.9 to big ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.9 to big ?

Hi all, need some advice. Just got my 5.7 /40 liters bp. and it feels like a huge board. I am 180cm and 97 kg (213p). usually ride 6.0 dominator (35L) and 5.9 nano (33.8L). The dominator feels slightly over volumed and when riding the nano, I think I could go with the 5.8.
    surfed a couple of waves on a 5.8 43L sweet potato and it was way over volumed. It was floating on water and did not like it that big. rode a 5.4 sweet potato (35.7L) and I had to paddle hard to catch waves, it was 1-2ft beach break. because of the sweet potato experience I decided to buy a 5.7 bp. since we do not have a lot of firewire surfboards where I live he board was ordered without holding or demoing (is there such a word :-)) it first.
    I plan on using the bp as a groveler for 1-3 ft beach break.
    Do you think the 5.7 will be good for me or should I sell it and get a 5.5?
    Thank you :-)
    R
    Last edited by REL_El; 03-27-2016, 01:13 PM.

I think you could surf either. but if you're usually on 34-35L i'd look at a BP around 38L. Personally at your weight I'd look at the 507 or 509 for a BP, but that's just me.

Comment

surfed the 507, it is spot on....tons of fun. surfed it with firewire futures fins as a quad.
      next time I plan to surf it with steve forstall twin-fin fins

Comment

I own a BP 509 timber tech (43.5 l) a Evo 6'10 FST (39.5 l) and a Dominator 6'4 LFT (40.5) and honestlly, the BP seem over-volumed so I feel the real volume is larger than the official 43.5 l

Comment

I own a BP 509 timber tech (43.5 l) a Evo 6'10 FST (39.5 l) and a Dominator 6'4 LFT (40.5) and honestlly, the BP seem over-volumed so I feel the real volume is larger than the official 43.5 l

Comment

Working...
          X