No announcement yet.

The right board for me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The activator is basically a dominator with a tweaked tail so I think you'll be on the right path. Now you have to focus on the length.
    The transition from the longboard onto the Activator/Dominator will need some adjustment time. You don't want to go to big on either board though.
    Last edited by iggy; 05-03-2012, 01:39 PM.

Comment

My thought had been 6"7, a little less volume than the 6"6 dominator or the Addvance, or perhaps the 6"9 what do you reckon or am I thinking too big?

Comment

Too big, I will go max 6'7". It will float you more than plenty
        The fact that you surf 4-5 times a week is gonna have you getting used to that board in no time. Be persistent, remember the first session or two are gonna be to get used to it but once you dial it is fun time!!
        Last edited by iggy; 05-03-2012, 01:45 PM.

Comment

The smaller you go the trickier the adjustment will be, but the window of improvement will be larger in the long run.
          If you go bigger now it'll be easier initially but you could find yourself out growing the board more quickly.

Comment

Yup, there has to be a compromise

Comment

Ok, max 6"7? So perhaps the 6"5 would be the best compromise, what do you reckon? Thanks for all the help btw

Comment

I would go for the 6'7".
                The beauty of these boards is that they hold so well, that after you have outgrown the board, if you decide to sell it you can still sell it and a get a good chunk for a new one.
                I would play safe cause going too small you could get frustrated. It's all about determination.

Comment

Working...
                X