Fins on addvance 6 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fins on addvance 6 10

Just picked up an addvance 6 10 and trying to figure out a solid everyday dependable fin set up. Im 5 10, 165 lbs.

Ride mostly beachbreak when its 1 foot to head high and move to the pointbreaks beyond that.

Was considering the blackstix AM1 for a thruster set but interested in a quad set as well.

Thanks for your help!

yeah the AM1s could be decent, so would the rusty fins. slightly bigger is a little better on a board that size.

Cheers!

Comment

thanks Chris, what would you recommend in a quad set?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello BendoCalrisian,
        I started surfing with my addvance In thurster and i liked but when i changed in quad set i loved the feeling because is faster, better for fast beachbreaks.
        The Rusty is available in 5 fins set so you can test both option.
        For your weight and surfboard are very good option

Comment

Thanks Gizona good idea.

Comment

The V2 Rastas, although I haven't tried them yet, I have heard really good comments
            quad_rasta_full.jpg

Stretch quads are a good set as well @165lbs
            quad_stretch_full.jpg

The controllers are all about drive but at your weight and for that board I reckon they will feel clunky
            Last edited by iggy; 02-01-2012, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks Iggy, I've got a set of the AM1's on the way and looking forward to trying one of those quad sets out, or both!

Comment

both be better

Comment

yeah look for the Rastas to go well in slightly better surf or a bigger board. A little more sweep. They would likely feel really good in the Addvance. In fact, I need to get direct feedback on that because looking at them, I think they would be killer.

Comment

I hve a 7'2 Addvance and looking for a little more drive in steeper/larger waves, would the Rastas still be OK for the bigger board and me at 95kgs?

Comment

I think you'll be good since those have lots of rake. But you should take a look also to the Pancho Sullivan as well

honeycomb_pancho_full.jpg
                      Last edited by iggy; 02-05-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

beefy ones!

Comment

Working...
                        X